Colourette Shimmertints Highlighter: should you #takethetint?

Colourette Shimmertint Highlighters review, swatch, price


PRICE: P349
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Colourette kiosks; authorized distributors; Colourette official website and Lazada

Colourtint Shimmertints review
THE VERDICT:

Radiant skin is one of the biggest beauty trends of summer 2019 so highlighters won't go away anytime soon. In fact, it's getting stronger than ever because a lot of brands have already released a flurry of highlighting products and we should expect more in the coming days.

Colourette is riding the shimmer wave with the newest tint to join the family, Shimmertint.

Is this product as good as Colourette claims it to be? Is metallic highlighter something that we should all watch out for? Is it good for Filipina skin? Why am I asking so many questions? LOL.

Let's find out!


Colourtint Shimmertints review
Colourette Shimmertint is a quartet of colored metallic highlighters that apparently suit a wide variety of skin tones. Shimmertints are in the same format as Colourtints, except the packaging is on the pastel side versus the bold, bright shades of the latter; this helps differentiate both products, but IDK, I think a shimmery cap would make the product look cuter.

Colourtint Shimmertints swatches
Top to bottom: Yellow Diamond, Tiger's Eye, Crystal Prism, Rose Quartz
Consistency is a smooth, semi- creamy highlighter with an intense metallic payoff; it reminds me of BTLA's Luminous Highlighter Drop, but with better spreadability and consistency in pigmentation. Fragrance is lightly sweet floral vanilla scent; there's Argan Oil in the formula, which gives the product that slip and easy to blend texture.

Here's my description of the shades:

Yellow Diamond- metallic pale yellow
Tiger's Eye- metallic bronze
Crystal Prism- metallic icy pink
Rose Quartz- metallic warm rose

Colourtint Shimmertints Rose Quartz swatch
One layer of Shimmertint in Rose Quartz
I went for Rose Quartz easily because I love the shade and figured it would suit my skin tone; I liked Tiger's Eye in the bottle, but it proved to be too bronze and borderline copper for my skin tone.

In this photo, I swiped Rose Quartz once and blended it using a light motion; the product seemed to have disappeared on my skin tone and has left a very faint glow.

Colourtint Shimmertints Rose Quartz swatch
In this photo, I swiped it heavily the second time and dabbed on the product until it has set properly; it proves to be the better technique in blending Shimmertints, plus two swipes should be enough to give you a noticeable glow, if you have warm skin. I've seen fair- skinned beauty gurus who have reviewed this product and I noticed that it looks and appears better on them even with just a swipe; I guess it is because the tints have an overall cool tone to them and it works well against fairer skin tones.

Colourtint Shimmertints Yellow Diamond swatch
Shimmertint Yellow Diamond on me
Initially, I thought Yellow Diamond wouldn't look nice on me because it is the lightest among the four, but surprisingly, I ended up liking its payoff the most. I think the reason why it shows up on me even if it's the lightest is because it has a yellow undertone, which has natural brightening effects, plus its brightness contrasted well with the warmth of my skin tone, versus the medium and dark Shimmertint shades. When you pile it on though, it tends to look a bit patchy up close.

After playing with lots and lots of highlighters over the last few years, I realized that I still am a powder highlighter gal because of efficiency. This is not the first time I encountered metallic highlighters, but in my opinion, metallic highlighter is better in powder form because the compactness of the substance allows its finish to shine through; the thing with liquid metallic highlighter is once it is spread, the intensity diminishes; this is why most liquid highlighters contain micro shimmer and glitter because these pigments catch and reflect light, giving a noticeable, consistent glow even if it's spread out. Colourette Shimmertint has a metallic finish and it could use a bit of shimmer so it would appear consistent on a variety of skin tones. The good thing about Shimmertint is just like Colourtint, you can apply it on top of powdered skin with no problem and has pretty good staying power.

If you have fair skin, you'll love Shimmertint; you'll also love this if you're into that very natural- looking glowing look. It can still be improved in a lot of aspects, but hey, kudos to Colourette for always trying to offer something new to its customers!

Have you tried Shimmertint? What are your thoughts?

COLOURETTE SHIMMERTINT RATING

Please visit COLOURETTE on Facebook for more information. You can buy the product HERE.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. ang daming pasabog ng colourette ang maganda kasi sa kanila mabango ang amoy. gusto ko yun sa kanila at carry naman ang price. kaya thumbs up! #Colourettebossbabes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it advisable to mix the shimmertint with a foundation? pag inapply ba parang medyo may konting glow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eto talaga yung brand ng tints na nainlove ako sobra. Every year may mga bgong pasabog cla. At for me worth it ang money ko. AAyiiiiee I love colourette ! Crystal prism is my fave pero all mgganda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their collab with kings still wins my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm maybe I can use it nalang as a shimmer eyeshadow??..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonna Cielo: Ganda ng Rose Quartz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same thoughts here. Sana they've stepped up their packaging game para maiba naman sa Colourtints nila. The product looks good. Eyeing on Rose quartz. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. wla ako shimmertint but na try q nmn iba prod ng colourette and maganda po. wish i could have this too.
    while im reading napaisip din aq if ano ba mas better ang powder highlighter o itong shimmertint.. hahaha pero nakuha q din agad ang sagot hbng nagbbsa aq. 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)