So, are you so thrilled to get your hands on a ton of MAC/NARS/LANCOME/ETC. items just because they're uubbeerr cheap? Think again, you might be crying your heart out if these packages land on your hands and you realize that you've wasted money because you have been fooled. You hard- earned moolah has been extracted from you. Lured into thinking that you have bought AUTHENTIC products, that some will claim as FACTORY BOUGHT that's why they're uber cheap or LIMITED EDITION items that's why they look a bit odder than the usual.
Let us bear in mind that opportunists will try everything to make profit. If you're no expert in spotting fake items, then chances are you might fall in the trap of these people. So here's a lesson on HOW TO SPOT KNOCK- OFFS.
HOW TO SPOT MAC KNOCKOFFS
HOW TO SPOT FAKE PIGMENTS
You should really keep an eye on this one. The fake ones are almost 98% the same with the original MAC pigments so check if the cap is shiny and if the pigments look kinda loose in the jar.
It is advisable to buy pigments from the MAC store and trusted direct sellers so as not to be victimized by fake pigments.
THESE ARE FAKE
- MAC pigments are quite pricey and if they're priced below $5, it's probably fake
- Direct sellers usually wholesale these fake pigments
INAYKUPO, WALANG GANITO ANG MAC!
HOW TO SPOT FAKE BRUSHES
MAC brushes are not sold in a set. They are sold individually, unless they offer limited edition sets. And they only come in a black handle with a silver ferrule. The handles are usually matte black, with silver inscriptions of the MAC logo on the wooden handle. The MAC inscription also fades easily during a succession of washes.
THIS IS FAKE
- THIS IS A FAKE MAC SET
- HANDLES AND FERRULES ARE BLACK
HOW TO SPOT FAKE EYESHADOWS
MAC eyeshadows are repackaged and you could already see that the shade names are printed at the upper right corner of the box flap. The sticker with the shade and other information at the back of the eyeshadow was already rotated to the left.
Usually, MAC eyeshadow label in front of the plastic glass cover that enables you to see the shade has a softer MAC inscription on it with a softer black font color.
Lastly, the case of the eyeshadows are in matte black, and the fake ones are in a shiny black casing.
*ONE IMPORTANT THING, MAC EYESHADOWS DON'T HAVE A SPONGE TIP APPLICATOR IN A CASE COMPARTMENT WITH THE EYESHADOW CASE. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS, THEN MOST PROBABLY, IT IS FAKE.
THESE ARE FAKE
Dyuskuday, fake na fake ito!
- HAS A COMPARTMENT FOR A MINI SPONGE TIP EYESHADOW APPLICATOR
- CASING IS SHINY
HOW TO SPOT FAKE BLUSHES
MAC blushes come in pots, and the colors usually range from different shade variations of brown and pink only. They also have no brushes included and they don't have a brush compartment, like the fake MAC eyeshadow.
The characteristics of an authentic MAC eyeshadow can also be used to describe an authentic mac blush.
THESE ARE FAKE
- PACKAGING IS SHINY
- IT PROBABLY HAS A BRUSH COMPARTMENT
- MAC HAS NO UBER ORANGE SHADES LIKE ONE OF THE COLORS IN THE PHOTO AND SOME PINKS ARE NOT EVEN IN THE OFFICIAL SITE OF MAC
Dyuskupo fake na fake ito.
HOW TO SPOT FAKE LIPSTICKS
MAC lipsticks come in a bullet- shaped black tube with silver glimmers, with a matte silver tube that protects and holds the lipstick. It has a MAC inscription on the outer casing, which is in a silver- colored matte font. The inscription in the silver tube is in a black- colored matte font.
Brand new MAC lipsticks come in a small black box with white- colored matte inscriptions on it. The lipsticks have a slanted and pointed tip. MAC lipsticks have a signature vanilla scent and the satin, matte, amplified creme and lustre variants usually look the same on the tube. The difference is seen once you apply it on your lips. Frost variants have glimmer and a metallic shine but not glazed and uber frosted like the fake picture below.
THESE ARE FAKE
HELLO KITTY LIPSTICKS HAVE AROUND 4-5 LIPSTICK COLORS ONLY. THIS HELLO KITTY LINE IS ABSOLUTELY FAKE, AND ARE PRICED AT AROUND 100PHP (PESO EQUIVALENT) EA.
- ROUND TUBE
- SHINY PACKAGING
- UBER FROSTED AND GLAZED LIPSTICK COLORS
HOW TO SPOT FAKE NARS PRODUCTS
HOW TO SPOT FAKE NARS BLUSHES
Nars blushes come in square- sized packages and they include a protective film that shields the powder with the Nars logo. They don't have brush compartments and they also don't include brushes in the case when purchased.
THIS IS FAKE
- NARS BLUSHES DON'T HAVE A NARS ENGRAVING ON THE POWDER. CHECK THE MIRROR OF THE POWDER AND SPOT FOR THE NARS ENGRAVING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE POWDER.
THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC NARS BLUSH
Before hitting that bid button on any online shopping site, make sure you take into consideration these things:
- DO A THOROUGH CHECKING OF THE PRODUCT
- IF THE PRICES ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, CHANCES ARE, THE ITEMS ARE FAKE
- MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE ITEMS FROM AN OFFICIAL SITE OR A TRUSTED DIRECT SELLER
- DO BACKGROUND CHECKS OF THE SELLERS IF YOU'RE GONNA PURCHASE FROM SITES LIKE EBAY, SELLING FORUMS OR IOFFER.
- KEEP IN MIND THE THINGS LISTED HERE
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHEN YOUR INSTINCTS TELL YOU OTHERWISE, IT'S BETTER TO TRUST IT. BUT IF THE ITEM KEEPS ON BOTHERING YOU, DO MORE CHECKING THEN IF YOU'RE SATISFIED WITH THE RESULTS, THEN IT'S THE TIME TO PURCHASE.
SAVE TIME, SAVE MONEY AND STEER CLEAR FROM ALL THE HASSLE! DON'T BUY KNOCK- OFFS. AUTHENTIC PRODUCTS ARE PRICED IN A WAY FOR A REASON. AND IT'S ALSO HAZARDOUS BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW THE CHEMICALS THESE OPPORTUNISTS USED TO CREATE THEIR "AUTHENTIC" PRODUCTS!