PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: PRESTIGE WET/DRY POWDER FOUNDATION

This is my initial review on PRESTIGE WET/DRY POWDER FOUNDATION.


PRICE: 500PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: BEAUTY BAR, 2ND FL. GREENBELT 5 MALL

OTHER LOCATIONS: ALL BEAUTY BARS NATIONWIDE



Prestige describes this as a powder foundation that can be used dry for a sheerer coverage and wet for a maximum and and long lasting coverage.


I was actually looking for their Perfectly Matte Pressed Powder but unfortunately, it's out of stock so I settled with this one. I said to myself, maybe this could be a good alternative for my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, since MAC SFPPF has become uber expensive already due to the price increase.


THE VERDICT:


Okay. Let's start with the case first. The case is kinda' plump, so it's might take some kit space, and is a bit heavy as compared to MAC's case. But don't fret. It's not uber heavy. It's not as if it's as heavy as an 8- pound baby. :D The weight is based on MAC's case so it's still worth bringing. 


Much like MAC's SFPPF, It has a sponge compartment, which makes it more hygienic and what's even more surprising is, you get two sponges in one. The other side is rubberized, a good sponge for wet application and the other side is made of cotton puff, which is good for dry application. Interesting. The covering is kinda' tight so you don't have to worry scratching and spilling powder all over your other make- ups.


Moving on to the product. It has a semi- creamy texture. The pigment pay- off is quite good and I love how it duped my MAC in NC42. The shade is in Light Cocoa and it's almost the same as my NC42. 5 beauty points for this characteristic. A little goes a long way and it's fragrance- free, which means, less chemicals. It's also good for those who prefer wearing unscented powders. The coverage is good as well. 


My face with Prestige Wet/Dry Powder Foundation


The price is quite fair. I managed to save 1100php as compared to buying another MAC. In fact, I could buy 3 Prestige powders for the price of one MAC! 


I'll test this further (so better watch out for follow up posts on this one) and if it doesn't give me pimples or any skin blemishes in the long run, I'll stick with this powder for good. :D



So far, I'm loving it. :D

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. sis have you applied it wet? just curious what would be the result! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna try this. marami ba silang shades? i hope they have something that matches my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elsa: hi! i'll try applying this wet then i'll let you know. :D

    gel: yup! they 4- 5 shades ata. the lightest is honey ata. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thanks martha! tagal ko nang gustong bilhin to! btw, what lipstick you're using sa pic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. khymm: no prob. buti na lang nireview ko. i was actually looking forward to purchasing the perfectly matte that you reviewed kaso out of stock. na.


    the l/s i'm wearing is MAC Heatherette l/s in hollywood nights. parehas na parehas ito sa make up for ever lacquered lipstick in 203. ito kasing heatherette na to out of stock na. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this. I have it in soft spice and use it under my eyes to set concaler ( I actually used this too as a concealer when I ran out haha) gives you that fresh/awake look :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)