PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BENEFIT COSMETICS POSIETINT LIP AND CHEEK STAIN


Here's an initial review on BENEFIT COSMETICS POSIETINT LIP AND CHEEK TINT

PRICE: 1400PHP (ORIGINAL PRICE IS AROUND 1800+PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: FROM SIS JANICE  (APPLEPINK) OF GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: TAMERAONLINE.PH; MIMI COSMETICS, 2ND FL. ARCHAEOLOGY, POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL, MAKATI CITY

ON THE BOX: THIS POPPY- PINK TINTED LIP AND CHEEK STAIN BRINGS OUT YOUR CHEERY, NATURAL FLUSH YOU'LL BE BLOOMIN' GORGEOUS WITH A FEW STROKES OF OUR POSIE- PINK TINT! THIS KIS- PROOF AND NUZZLE- PROOF STAIN KEEPS YOU JUST- PICKED PRETTY FOR HOURS.



THE VERDICT:

I've been lemming for this product for quite some time now so when I saw the opportunity to get it at a cheaper price, I immediately grabbed the chance. Thank you so much sis Janice! :D

The first time I tried this product a few years back, I fell in love with it because of the nice pink stain that it gave my lips. It was exorbitantly priced in my opinion before so I never gave purchasing it as a thought. But now, since I've grown to be obsessed on cosmetics, nothing is too expensive nor cheap already for me! :D


Okay, so I got this Brand new Benefit Posietint. I has a nice mini pamphlet that instructs you on how to apply the lip and cheek stain, which for me, is very redundant. And useless. It already is a lip and cheek stain so I already have an idea on where to use this product so the pamphlet with the graphic instruction didn't really help. Benefit could've saved more trees by not including the rather useless pamphlet in the product anymore.

The consistency is liquid, but a bit thicker than the usual lip and cheek stains in liquid form. It really is a poppy- pink colored stain which is cute for me. It's in a glass bottle so you have to be careful when handling and storing this one.

I also had a problem with Benetint's cap. I have this habit of tightening the caps of my products because I'm an OC person. But the stupid part of the cap that houses the applicator snapped off. Now, I can't tote the Benetint around anymore which sucks, big time. I don't want it to happen to Posietint's cap so I'm really careful with this one, which proves to be a bit of a hassle on my part. I can't control my actions all the time so a slight force applied when tightening the cap can mean doom for my Posietint.


Okay, let's now go to the actual product. So here's a bit of a problem. I had to apply 4- 5 swipes of the stain per cheek to get a decent color pay- off. And I was a bit disappointed on how it effected on my lips. The very visible pink stain is having a hard time showing up on my lips. But then again, I might be smoking too much so the stain's having a hard time working it's wonders on me. But then AGAIN, it's sooo expensive so I'm expecting too much from this one. My slight darkened lips may be a factor but the unimpressive color pay- off and pigmentation could be another problem.


Again, for reference, I'm a morena with a warm yellow skintone so that could be factor why the color is having a hard time showing up on my cheeks. I'm pretty sure the color will truly pop on fairer skin.

But it's pretty decent. I could use it during the days when I just want to look flushin' and blushin'. 4-5 swipes on the lips and cheeks does give me that poppy- pink flush. It's better than the 8- 10 swipes that I had to do with Benetint!


Will I buy this again. A resounding no. I was a bit disappointed because I didn't get the effect that made me fell in love with this product a few years ago. But then again, the lighting in the store was nice so it made the color vibrant, maybe I was tanner now than before. There are a lot of factors but as I said, this is one helluva expensive product so I should be getting great results. Honestly, I could do with a cheap lip and cheek stain. The pink stain is just a cute innovation and a great selling strategy to make cosmetics afficionados curious. I thought it's a far cry from Benetint, but honestly, Posietint didn't fly.

But hey, I saw Musings of Muse's blog with her own Posietint review and she likes it big time. She's a fair- skinned lady and it really does look wonderful on her. So yeah, maybe fair skin and Posietint prove to be a better match.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. hmm.. at least it's better than benetint sis! =)

    great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you decide to sell it, inform me first!

    Antigone

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEN: Yeah. AT LEAST. but not really.. :D

    Bujoy: Almost at the tipping point. wait for it. Here's my number 0917- 8495018. :D Please do text me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)