PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAYBELLINE COLOSSAL MASCARA (BLACK)

Here's an initial review on MAYBELLINE COLOSSAL MASCARA IN BLACK

PRICE: $8 (AROUND 376PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: DUTY FREE, PARANAQUE CITY


THE VERDICT:

So here's my HG mascara, Maybelline Colossal Mascara. It does promise to give great volume and is currently the No. 1 volumizing mascara in the USA, booting Covergirl's Lash Blast out of the first place. Maybelline always has and will always be the number one mascara producer in the universe! :p

The first time I tried this, I fell in love with it but it isn't available here. It would be absolutely impractical if I would go through all the hassle of ordering online by waiting for it for months and by paying ridiculous taxes and shipping rates! So I just waited and wished for my dream come true. Besides, the purchase won't be worth it since a mascara's shelf life is for 3 months only.

I was such in a state of bliss when I saw this in Duty Free, Paranaque City. And Lo and behold, all the unreleased mascaras locally by Maybelline are sitting pretty in the Maybelline counter! :)

Check out the mascara wand. It looks like a pine tree- shaped wand that definitely looks fat!

The consistency is cream-to-liquid that is not messy. It dries to a matte finish and it's very easy to apply. Also, I love that it dries easily and it doesn't clump. AT ALL. 

Here's my bare lashes, curled with my Shu Uemura Eye Lash curler.

One coat: Notice that my lashes were a bit emphasized. I could leave it that way, making it naturally lush (as in REAL LIFE- ISH) but I chose to volumize it up to 200% baby! :)

2 coats: Notice that the volume is starting to build up.

3 coats: shot from below

A look at another angle

And here are my lashes, naturally thick and soft- looking and feeling.

So this is definitely my HG mascara. Enough said! I'll definitely buy a back- up in my November visit to Duty Free! :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments