PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NYX CONCEALER IN A JAR MEDIUM

Here's an initial review on NYX CONCEALER IN A JAR MEDIUM


PRICE: AROUND $3 (?)

PLACE BOUGHT: MSCUPPYCAKES ONLINE

OTHER LOCATIONS: DIRECT SELLERS IN MULTIPLY


THE VERDICT:


This product scored 4.2 in makeupalley's score board


A lot actually swears by this product because it offers a great effect at such a cheap price.


It's in a small glass jar that's lightweight. I actually like that it looks expensive so the packaging gets 10 points for me. I can also reuse the packaging to store some powder samples or foundation samples as well.


Now let's go to the actual product. Notice that the consistency is creamy. I like that my concealer brush gets a good amount of the concealer in the jar. My fingers also work well with this in terms of blending. It's also lightweight, therefore, making it blending- friendly. It's quite pigmented, thus making it's concealing ability fantastic. Refer to its concealing power on the pictures ahead.


The shade I got is medium, which is good for morenas like me. I also like that their concealer has a lot of shades to choose from from natural to correcting colors.


Medium is much like MAC's NW30 for me. It has a beige undertone, as opposed to my MAC studio finish NC30's yellow undertone. 


So here's my right eye without anything on it. Notice that my dark under eyes are very obvious.


Here's my right eye after applying Nyx's concealer in a jar. Notice that it filled in the fine lines and it did offer good coverage for my dark under eyes to be concealed.



Here's a comparison of my eyes with and without the Nyx concealer. My right under eye has the concealer on while the left doesn't have any (Analyze this in my point of view (the left and right))


So here are my under eyes with Nyx concealer in a jar in medium. Notice that my eyes look fresher without looking too white. It just concealed naturally and I like that it made my under eyes' color even with the rest of my facial skin tone. 


At least I have something to be happy about with my mscupypycakes package. This concealer didn't disappoint me. It's long- wearing and it doesn't streak nor cake. I've been wearing it for hours and a little dab of powder makes this fresh- looking again. I would definitely repurchase this only if this is available locally. A little goes a long way so this'll probably last me a year or two. 


At last, I've found a concealer that's cheap yet a certified HG material. I just hope NYX will someday open a retail store here because some dayum direct sellers sell this at a crazy price! :p

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. u want to try this soon.. gret review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to have that, but i sold mine because for me, it felt kinda heavy. but i have to admit, for the price, it's a fantastic concealer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. donnarence: thanks sis! it's really nice, hanep lang kasi magtaga ng presyo ang mga resellers dito :p

    jen: talaga? i find my mac studio finish pa nga heavier eh. this has a silkier consistency though it's creamy. it's easier to blend as compared to my studio finish by mac. i love this! i'm willing to repurchase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you liked the medium concealer martha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kim: yeah! super. at least, there's something to be happy about with my package. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been really confused lately on what shade to get. now thanks to you, i've made up my mind. that would be medium for me. haha :) btw, have you tried Mary Kay's concealer? how would you compare it with the nyx concealer in jar in terms of coverage? hoping for your reply! thanks in advance!:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)