PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SHU UEMURA ROUGE UNLIMITED IN BR 723

Here's an initial review on SHU UEMURA ROUGE UNLIMITED (BR 723).


PRICE: $22 (APPROX. 1038PHP)

PLACE BOUGHT: DUTY FREE, PARANAQUE

OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTAN'S SHANGRI-LA MALL; MAKATI (LOCAL PRICE IS 1350PHP)


THE VERDICT:


So Shu Uemura is part of my lipstick project. I resorted to getting this because Chanel Rouge Allure in Comedia is already out of stock.


The lipstick I got is in a sheer formulation. It gives off a shiny color finish. I've been wanting to get the matte ones but I didn't like the colors that much. I was going for the pink shades but their pink colors didn't suit me. All the colors would make my teeth look garish. Besides, almost all of the pink shades have violet undertones.


So I went for the brown shades. Right after swiping BR 723 on my lips, I totally liked it!


The code of the lipstick is BR, which means it's in the BRown family of colors. 


The shade gives off a lovely brown- peach hue that looks natural. It also makes my overall aura look summery due to the shine that it has.


Much like my Nars Sheer Lipstick in Dolce Vita, it gives off a lovely shine that doesn't feel too wet. BR 723's shine dries off to a sheen, which I like. I also like that though it has a sheer formulation, it still packs on some color, which goes to show that this has great pigmentation. It is also long wearing and it didn't dry my lips.


It also has a slight perfume scent just like Nars, lipsticks, which fades off eventually. But, it didn't taste perfume- ish though it smelled like one.


I've read that some people would deem Shu's lipstick packaging as cheap because it comes in a clear plastic tube. Well, I don't think it's cheap because the tube does look like as if it's made of high quality plastic. It has weight and the plastic feels sturdy so I don't see the reason why they would judge the packaging as cheap.


This is priced at 1350php in Rustan's, which prohibits me from buying this because I feel that there are some products worth buying before I get this. But since Duty Free's exchange rate was pretty low, I decided to get one. Getting this in Duty Free saved me 312 bucks!


It's actually a nice MLBB color but in actual, it's a brownish- peach shade. Sorry for the stupid lighting :p

Overall, I like this. I'm satisfied with the color and with the effect. And another thing, the actual product is kinda' long so you get a lot for your money. Going back, the bottle looks cute and they have a wide range of colors that you can choose from.


Would I buy this again? Maybe, but I'm not really lemming for another one. If I have extra cash, I might get a shade from the WN line.


SHU UEMURA ROUGE UNLIMITED LIPSTICK GUIDE:


PK- PINK

BR- BROWN

BG- BEIGE

WN- WINE

RD- RED

OR- ORANGE

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. that shu lip color looks so pretty on you! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous: thanks anonymous! you better check it out too. i think it'll work as a lovely peach lipstick on fair skin tones.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)