PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ILLAMASQUA LIPSTICK IN BRINK

Here's an initial review on ILLAMASQUA LIPSTICK IN BRINK

PRICE: $20 (BUT I PAID 1247PHP INCLUDING THE MISCELLANEOUS FEES)
PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA PRE- ORDERING POOL IN GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE

THE VERDICT:

I finally got my Sephora pre- order courtesy of shally (blue-purple of girltalk). She's such an honest, responsible and great seller. Thanks Sis!

The reason why I got this is because I'm completely disappointed with MAC Crosswires. I saw the swatch of Crosswires in Temptalia's blog and fell in love with the shade. It appeared like a pale orange lippie on her. And when I got it, it's a pink orange lippie that's definitely NOT how I saw it.

So I took a chance on Brink because I saw the lovely swatch on a model in Illamasqua's official blog (Check my Daily Dose for the link to the blog). It's the color that I'm exactly looking for. So to no avail, I placed an order.

As always, UK's cult cosmetic favorite has won my heart! Packaging is soo unique and classy. And the color pay- off are so true to the lipstick color in the tube.

Brink is described in the Sephora website as a matte warm coral pink lippie. I beg to disagree.
Sephora's description is very inaccurate! This has no pink undertone at all. It's simple a pale orange lipstick.

Here's the color on my lips. It's matte, just like my climax. Although there's a bit of problem here. It has the tendency to streak if I press my lips together, which I didn't encounter with my Climax. But I solved the problem by letting this settle first before pressing my lips together. :)

Brink has the tendency to be bright and bold if you layer the color. And if you're game to sport a unique lip, then Brink is perfect. It stands out without looking too odd or flashy. I'd choose this over fuschia lippies if I want to have a standout lip.

Sorry for the bed face. I got the package right after waking up. Talk about waking up on the right side of the bed. :)

Can I just say that the color is absolutely unique? It's such a wonderful pale orange lippie. Perfect! Just how I pictured and expected it to be. :)

Will I buy more Illamasqua lippies. A resounding yes! But I have to empty at least 5 tubes of lipstick before I buy more. :p

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. That is a lovely color on you :) While I did get Crosswires on you...I don't have a similar shade and I'm using it quite often...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crissy: thanks sis! tho crosswires is unique, i found it similar to my givenchy, which I sold off eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im into orangey lippies right now,and i love it! with brown e/l you're good to go :) one thing to ask though, does the lipstick smell chemical or anything weird?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dubhie: hello sis! thanks for dropping by. :) yup, or with just even thick and fluffy lashes, your good to go with your orange lippie! nope. it smells like the scent of dior lippies but it's not bothersome. not at all! i love illamasqua lippies. you should try one by joining sephora pre- order pools :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is quite similar to my ysl rouge volupte in peach passion although i think based on your swatch brink is more darker. I love my ysl peach passion it's
    such a lovely color. Maybe if i don't have my peach passion i will definitely buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sis if you were to choose between brink and cassablanca which one would you pick?

    ReplyDelete
  7. anonymous: hi there! thanks for dropping by. :)

    i was also eyeing that before but when i finally had the chance to try it, it appeared too nude, and almost unnatural for me. this is somewhere between warm and cool so it compliments my skin better.

    for everyday wear, i'd choose casablance because it's not too :outspoken: like this lippie. but i love brink too as much as i love casablanca. but since i wear lipstick on a daily basis, i'd go for casablanca.

    but if you want a unique lippie in your collection, brink is a must- have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah if only i have extra cash this time i also love to get casablanca and brink ... thanks again for your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)