PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAYBELLINE THE MAGNUM BY VOLUM EXPRESS WATERPROOF MASCARA (BLACK)

Here's an initial review on MAYBELLINE VOLUM EXPRESS MAGNUM WATERPROOF MASCARA (BLACK)


PRICE: 429PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: PCX, POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL, MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: PCX STORES (SELECTED MAYBELLINE COUNTERS)


THE VERDICT:


I was sooo ecstatic when I saw a yellow mascara tube in the Maybelline counter in PCX. I picked one up and to my surprise, it's named MAGNUM. I thought that finally, Colossal has hit the Philippine market. 


SA: Ma'm bago po namin yan.

MOI: Ay, 'kala ko Colossal.

SA: Ay wala po tayo nun ma'm. 'Di po siya ire- release sa Philippines pero ito ang counterpart niya. Okay siya ma'm. Dami na kaming nabenta.

MOI: Sige, ita- try ko. Bigyan mo ako ng isa.


So there you go. Colossal fans, Colossal won't hit the local stores. But I'm still crossing my fingers that we will have it someday.


Let's now go to the actual product. Here's a comparison of Magnum and Colossal. Magnum's tube is thinner than the latter. It doesn't eat up too much space and it's cute.


Let's now go to the actual product. Let's review the wand first. The wand is thinner and flat as compared to the traditional and new ones. It's a bit curved, which is meant to go with the natural curve and shape of the lashes. I like the wand so much because one swipe already gives your lashes a good amount of gunk. It's well- engineered, IMO.


The mascara is infused with collagen, a formula included in mascaras nowadays to pump up the volume by at least 50%.


Maybelline never fails to amuse me. After my first trial,I was so impressed with the volume. Im already fine if Colossal doesn't hit the local stores because Magnum gives me the same amount of volume that Colossal gives! It's waterproof, and it doesn't run- off nor flake during the day. And it rubs off easily with baby oil.


Another great product from Maybelline. And yes! I am willing to repurchase! My new HG for mascaras! :)

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. MAGNUM is the asian released version for COLOSSAL. They changed the brushes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: yeah, cos we won't be having colossal here as per the SA. But so far, I think I'm loving this, even more than colossal! :) Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)