PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC BLUSH OMBRE IN SPRINGSHINE (SPRING COLOUR FORECAST 4 (AMBER))

Here's an initial review on MAC BLUSH OMBRE IN SPRINGSHINE (SPRING COLOUR FORECAST 4 (AMBER))


PRICE: 1450PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: MARIONNAUD, SM MALL OF ASIA, PASAY CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC MAKATI CITY; MAC POWERPLANT MALL; MAC SHANGRI- LA


THE VERDICT:


I was actually lemming for Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom. Vintage Grape is not something that I would wear, but I do admit that it's unique. So I settled for Springshine. I really had no intentions of buying any of the Blush Ombres unless it's Ripe Peach. But since I was lemming for a new blush, I took a chance with MAC for a change. Quite frankly, Nars blushes are boring me out. No new colors have been introduced ever since I was introduced to this brand.


The Blush Ombres are probably one of the biggest blushes I've seen, next to Cargo's. The pan is as big as the pressed powder compacts. So it's not bad for 1450php, thinking that MAC's regular blush is 1200php.


Let's review the packaging. It's like the packaging of MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. Simple and uncomplicated, which I like.


The Blush Ombres are unique in appearance. It's like a blush and highlighter in one. It's a refreshing take on blush- ons, IMO.


Here's a pic of the swatch of the highlighter and blush. Gaad. I hope you can see which is which.

The swatch on top is the highlighter. The color is peach- pearl. It has slight gold glimmer. While the swatch on the bottom is the blush. The blush's color is toasted brown.


And here's a pic of what the two will look like when combined. The color is warm beige with a peach undertone, and with slight gold glimmer.


I'm telling you, this doesn't make Springshine the least among all the blush ombres when I said that I just settled for this one.


It is indeed a lovely blush! It's like having a blush and a contour powder in one!


The brown shade contours your face while the peach undertone gives you a warm glow. When I swatched it on my skin, I actually thought that I bought a MAC version of my Nars Madly. But when I applied both on my face, both are completely different. This is like the improved version of Nars Madly. I have to admit that Nars' Madly is boring me out. It's just a plain brown blush. So I sold it because I see myself using Springshine more often. :)


And this blush is pigmented. Two swipes and you're ready to go. And the staying power is quite impressive as well! I only had to retouch once in a day.


And what made me love this even more is how it enhanced my tan and made me look beach- goddess worthy (Hahaha. I sound too conceited here). For those girls who would like to look quite tanned, this can help, as this can serve as a bronzer for fair skinned ladies.


And for morena girls like me, we have all the right to rejoice because it makes us look sun- kissed from within whilst looking natural; never burnt or ashy looking.


While there's still a part of me that longs for Ripe Peach, I'm more than happy to have bought Springshine. And I'm looking forward to more Blush Ombres in the near future. MAC, please release a Blush Ombre collection. :)

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. its so pretty martha! gusto ko yung peach color din =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. khymm: suuuper. :) Pero nawawala na lemming ko dun. i have calypso coral naman. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)