PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAYBELLINE FALSIES MASCARA IN BLACK


Here's a review on MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES MASCARA IN BLACK

PRICE: AROUND $10- $15 EA. (BOUGHT A PACK OF TWO WITH FREE EYELINER KOHL FOR $16- $18)
PLACE BOUGHT: DUTY FREE, PHILIPPINES
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAYBELLINE COUNTERS ABROAD; DUTY FREE PHILIPPINES (UNAVAILABLE IN OUR LOCAL MAYBELLINE COUNTERS)


THE VERDICT:


I've always mused about my love for Maybelline's mascaras: They're cheap, yet they're the best mascaras in the whole wide world. Maybelline is still the mascara brand to beat. Why pay for an outrageously- priced mascara tube if you can get the same quality with Maybelline?

Anyway, I am in love with Maybelline's The Colossal because I love how it gives me Snufflelufugus- like lashes sans the unnatural look. In my recent trip to DF, I was supposed to grab that, but this funky violet tube has just caught my eye--I liked the color of the tube so much that I ended up buying it instead of The Colossal.

Folks, just when you thought that you can only achieve out-of-this-world lashes with the help of false eyelashes, here comes THE FALSIES. It was made to achieve that "false eyelashes" look sans the glue, heavy feel, and unnatural look of false eyelashes.

Let's now review the wand.


The brush is flat, and kinda' curved. This wand makes it easier to apply mascara because its shape follows the natural curve and arch of your eyelashes.

Maybelline's mascaras can be quite tricky at first usage: The consistency of a fresh Maybelline mascara is semi- whipped and sometimes, wet, and it doesn't cling onto my lashes the way I want it to. But after several uses, its consistency starts to whip up some more, and application finally becomes a breeze.

I've had some tough love with all the Maybelline mascaras I've owned, including this one. At first trial, my lashes looked like spider legs. But it would be unfair for the product to be judged right away so I've road tested it some more and indeed, it is another great mascara by Maybelline.

Here are pictures of me wearing the mascara. Each picture shows how many coats I've put on my lashes.


My eyelashes curled, but without mascara.


One coat


Three coats


For doll- like eyes: APPLY 5 COATS! :)


Falsies in an instant, sans the glue! I love this mascara! And I'm looking forward to buying a tube again. :)

**How does it compare to the Colossal?
- There's little to no difference at all. But for the sake of comparison, The Colossal is good for you if you want fuller, thicker, and softer lashes. If you want extreme volume, ala- falsies, then you should get this instead.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Hey Martha! I agree with your observation that Maybelline makes really great mascaras! I am loyal to Cats Eye, while my sister is happy with colossal already. Thank you for the comparison.

    Eric Dela Cruz is your friend pala! :) He's a good pal, we're both UST debaters. We've met again recently when a friend came home recently.

    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review... it goes on sale for $3.99 sometimes
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ... vividfusion.blogspot.com ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. shopcoholic: super nice talaga! you should try it. :)

    trace: thanks for visiting sis! :)

    wow! small world huh? i'll ask eric about you. :)

    miss krimson: thanks for visiting! it's quite cheap there. but i wouldn't mind shelling out a bit for this fabulous mascara. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)