PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LAURA MERCIER OIL- FREE FOUNDATION PRIMER

Here’s an initial review on LAURA MERCIER OIL- FREE FOUNDATION PRIMER

PRICE: ? (ROUGHLY AROUND 900- 1K)

PLACE BOUGHT: FROM A SWAP IN GIRLTALK

OTHER LOCATIONS: LAURA MERCIER COUNTERS (RUSTANS MAKATI; SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS, MANDALUYONG CITY)


THE VERDICT:

I got this from a swap with Sis enkybaby of Girltalk months ago. Didn’t get to review this early on because I’ve been getting a lot of products and it’s really taking me time reviewing ‘em all. So before this product falls into obscurity, I’m going to review it now.

Laura Mercier’s comes in a tube that’s like the brand’s Tinted Moisturizer. This is the full size already, and it’s quite small IMO.

Consistency is like moisturizer. The product is unscented, which is good because there’s no perfume in it to clog your pores. But it has a weird chemical- ish scent that might be quite a turn- off to some. The smell makes me feel light- headed before, but eventually, I got used to it.

The product is spreadable, and is absorbed quickly into the skin. After a few seconds, your face starts to mattify. It provides a dry base for foundation.

But in terms of keeping oil at bay, this is not your best bet. It just mattifies your skin as preparation for foundation application. But throughout the day, my oilies persist to come out of my pores.

It’s pretty steep for a small tube of primer, not to mention that there’s just a little amount inside the tube. I’m better off with Leyende Face Canvass or my HG, Kryolan Invisible Matt.

Post a Comment

0 Comments