PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NARS FIRMING FOUNDATION IN SYRACUSE 30ML

Here's an initial review on NARS FIRMING FOUNDATION IN SYRACUSE 30ML

PRICE: P795.00 (RETAILS AT P2,750.00)
PLACE BOUGHT: EBAY
OTHER LOCATIONS: NARS WEBSITE; RUSTAN'S (ROBINSON'S PLACE MANILA, GLORIETTA, SHANGRI- LA)

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM NARSCOSMETICS.COM):

For the first time, a NARS foundation formula with increased skin benefits that not only reveal a flawless and radiant complexion, but also helps to minimize imperfections while improving skin’s resilience.
  • Exclusive Polypeptide Firming Complex™ helps firm and lift skin
  • Firming peptides help to reduce the look of creases associated with aging
  • Includes brown algae, organic gotu kola, boswellia and a patented Gatuline RP combined with Vitamin C

  • Skin feels significantly firmer and visibly lifted after 8 weeks
  • Available in 16 synthetic fragrance-free shades, with a pump dispenser

THE VERDICT:

I seriously need a new foundation. I had to say goodbye to my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Foundation a month ago. They both served me well. It is painful to know that Back-2-MAC is no longer operating in our local MAC stores (so the empty MAC compact is rendered useless), and a bottle of Skin Foundation is unaffordable for me at this moment. But seriously, I need a new foundation.

For cheap and good finds, I turn to Ebay. And lady luck was on my side when I spotted a Nars Firming Foundation at P795. And I was even luckier knowing that the seller is a blogger whom I know, so I was sure that the seller is not a fraud.

It is a full- size Nars Firming foundation that retails at around 2K++. How can you go wrong with P795!?! Without hesitations, I pressed the 'Buy it now' button and contacted the seller immediately.

I recalled how I loved this foundation. My friend is using it, and I recall how it looked really good when worn. But at the same time, I hated it for its price. Admittedly, an almost 3k foundation at 30ml is waaay too expensive, considering that 30ml is waaay too small.

So why is this foundation so expensive? Without further adieu, I now present my verdict for the Firming Foundation.

For the ease of usage, I give it a 10. The pump is economical and easy to use.

The consistency of the foundation is rich, like lotion. It is not too runny, and not too thick. It glides on smoothly on skin. It also dries up quickly. And it is unscented, so no need to worry about perfume clogging your pores.

Syracuse is described as a shade "for lighter dark complexions with yellow undertones" (narscosmetics.com). For familiarity, this shade can fit people with NC40 and NC42 skin matches.

Now I kinda' agree as to why the foundation is priced at a hefty premium. This is the foundation without any powder yet. See how it made my skin look smooth and plump in an instant? It imparts a light to medium coverage which covered most of my post- acne marks. It just made my skin look immaculate! Coverage is buildable, and it fills in the fine lines so you'll have a smoother and healthier looking complexion.

Staying power is great. For reference, I have oily skin. It can get a bit oily, especially on my nose after 5 hours. But at least it doesn't run nor oxidize during wear. A little pat of powder on the oily areas makes you look fresh and pretty again!

Regarding the firming effect, I have yet to observe that in 8 weeks' time. Oh I hope this foundation lasts me for 8 weeks!

Here's how the foundation looks like when finally set with powder. It made my face look flawless and healthy naturally! And this is my attempt at looking fierce. Fierce enough? You decide. Because in my verdict, I LOOK HELLA FUNNY! :D

If you are willing to spend for a foundation, go for Nars' Firming Foundation. I love it! 'Nuff said. It is definitely HG material. Oh I wish I have the funds to make this one of my signatures. :(

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. inggit ako :)

    by any chance, does the seller have any similar foundies left? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aestheticallysavvy: actually, she has pa. the shade is barcelona. and i bought it last night ulit. teehee. regarding the shading, i'm not sure if barcelona will fit me. once i get my hands on it, i'll review it. and if the shade doesn't fit me, are you willing to buy it? i'll sell it at the same price. :) here's my number just in case you're interested. 0917 849 5018. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how i wish i can test that kind of expensive foundation.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)