PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: L'OREAL CURL IMPACT MASCARA

Here's an initial review on L'OREAL CURL IMPACT MASCARA

PRICE: 795PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTAN'S SUPERMARKET
OTHER LOCATIONS: L'OREAL COUNTERS IN MALLS NATIONWIDE

THE VERDICT:

I am pretty impressed with L'oreal's Collagene boost waterproof mascara. I've never been a fan of L'oreal's mascara but CB moved me. And when I saw this new mascara by L'oreal, I bought it right away! Curl+Volume. I WANT!

Curl Impact comes in an exquisite gold tube.

It introduces a revolutionary wand that enhances volume and length.

Here's the zig- zag wand. Quite revolutionary!

Here's a pic of my bare lashes.

First application. Geez. I wasn't impressed. Not at all. Let me count the ways.

Number one. It gave me spider lashes. I followed the instructions on the carton, and all I got are spider legs lashes. I was having a hard time separating my lashes because the gunk dries VERY quickly. I love the fact that it dries quickly, but not TOO fast, because it prevents you from styling your lashes. I applied two layers. And it clumped like crazy, especially on the lashes on my outer crease.

Number two. The application gimmick is interesting, but I found it time consuming. You have to exert too much effort in using it! When you turn and use the wand side ways, it just makes the clumping worse. And the slim tip ain't slim at all. I even poked my left eye with the "slim tip" while I was trying to do the finishing touch on my creases!

Well, at least my lashes looked kinda' decent here. Number three. The consistency feels heavy, it keeps on weighing my eyes down. And even if the mascara has completely dried, I can still feel that my upper lashes are sticking on my lower lashes whenever I blink my eyes.

Fourth and last con. I have never come across a mascara that resisted oil. If you want to remove this mascara from your lashes, you have to use warm water. No oil can ever remove this from your lashes. Again, you need to exert effort.

But this mascara does have positive things too. This mascara does not budge. It stays put the whole day. And surprisingly, the curl effect is truly a promise. I saw that my lashes are kinda' pointing upward even if I didn't curl my lashes during wear.

Overall, I would not recommend this. But if you still want to try this, go ahead, be my guest. I've tried dozens of mascaras since the time I started wearing make- up. I would still prefer Maybelline at any day. I suggest you try L'oreal's Collagene Boost Mascara.

Post a Comment

0 Comments