PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: KIEHL'S BLUE ASTRINGENT HERBAL LOTION

Here's an initial review on KIEHL'S BLUE ASTRINGENT HERBAL LOTION

PRICE: AROUND 1150PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: KEIHL'S, GREENBELT 5
OTHER LOCATIONS: NONE LOCALLY, SEPHORA ONLINE


THE VERDICT:

This toner is one of my lemmings from Kiehl's. I was able to try it when I got a free sachet sample with my Yerba Mate facial gel cleanser purchase. And I got hooked ever since.

The Blue Algae line is specifically created for oily and blemish- prone skin. The blue skin care line is made up of Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, and blue algae herbal extracts: the perfect recipe to combat acne. And FYI, Andy Warhol (one of my fave painters) was a fan of the Blue Herbal line!

I use this as my toner. What makes a toner different from an astringent? Well, in terms of composition, they're the same. But Astringents also come in medicated forms, while toners can be used sans the prescription of physicians. Both can be chemical or alcohol- based.

First impression is, it gave my face a dry texture (which can irritate some). Afterwards, a cool, tingling sensation takes place (caused by menthol). After a few minutes, my facial skin looks fresh and matte. The dryness is just an initial effect which may be caused by the Aluminum Chlorohydrate. But don't fret because the dryness goes away after a while. It also has Witch Hazel extract that helps tone skin.

The menthol ingredient helps keep oil at bay. The astringent takes away the excess oil on the surface and keeps skin visibly matte. I love it because it prevents my skin from oiling up right before I apply my make- up. However, I do not solely rely on this to keep my face oil- free throughout the day. I still have to apply the Blue Herbal moisturizer, and a face powder.

Less oil means minimal clogging of pores. It takes away all the excess and leaves my face with the right amount of oil to help maintain my skin's natural moisture. The Sodium PCA ingredient also helps keep pimples out of sight! I am definitely buying this again. :)

However, for sensitive acne problems, I do not recommend self- medication. I strongly advise people with severe skin problems to see a dermatologist.

Post a Comment

0 Comments