PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LIME CRIME LIPSTICK IN COUNTESSA FLUORESCENT

Here's an initial review on LIME CRIME LIPSTICK IN COUNTESSA FLUORESCENT

PRICE: 780PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: EBAY.PH
OTHER LOCATIONS: EBAY, PRE- ORDERING SITES, LIME CRIME WEBSITE


DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM LIMECRIME.COM):

Enter the bright world of tomorrow with these colorful Candyfuture lipsticks! Each bursts with pigment for criminally bright, opaque results.

Smooth, creamy formula is long-wearing but won't dry out your lips. Luscious low-sheen finish can be worn alone or played up with clear gloss. Each lipstick comes in a bright
purple tube adorned with a holographic unicorn - the ultimate accessory!

Lime Crime lipsticks are not tested on animals & certified cruelty-free by PETA.

Candyfuture Collection shades

THE VERDICT:

Do you remember me gushing about Lime Crime in one of my posts?

After a year, I still find them pretty and I still want at least one from the brand. I have a penchant for anything bright, cute, and pink. I'm very feminine, and pink would best represent femininity for me.

Unfortunately, the brand does not ship to the Philippines. I tried ordering from a pre- order pool, but the buyer refused because the site is not secure (something about credit card safety).

I've been on a constant search for a fluorescent pink lippie. Think Barbie lips. I've had my eyes fixed on a Candy Yum Yum by MAC. Unluckily, I wasn't able to buy one, not even from those who gave up theirs in Girltalk's Beauty Bazaar section. :(

After reading blogs for a couple of nights, I've found out that Countessa Flourescent is the nearest color to Candy Yum Yum. I've found a way to order from Lime Crime, but the lipstick color is always out of stock. :(

Lady Luck was on my side that night when I chanced upon a Lime Crime Countessa Fluorescent lippie on ebay. At last! :)

Welcome to the Candy future of lipsticks! True enough, these lipsticks are so bright, they're so illegal (Well, only to those who do not dare to wear)!

Candyfuture Collection is an explosion of colors. From Black to Lilac, Lime Crime has got you covered!

Welcome to the superelectromagnetic pop future. :)

Cuteness overload! :D

Ingredients.

One thing that got me wanting these dainty lippies is the unicorn holographic image printed on the tube. Blame it on the 'My Little Pony' toys. Up to now, I still believe I'll own a unicorn one day. But in the meantime, these unicornettes will do. :D



The lipstick itself is slim, but it's the same as MAC's in terms of length. Pigmentation is VERY good, so a little amount goes a long way. It smells like vanilla too!


Countessa Fluorescent is an illegally bright Barbie Pink Lippie. Warning, as this lipstick calls attention to itself. If you like your lipstick light and discreet, then this shade is not for you. But if you can stand wearing Saint Germain, Chatterbox, Pink Nouveau, Petals and Peacocks, or Lavender Whip, I'm sure you have the guts to wear this shade.

Countessa Fluorescent's consistency is thick, and the finish is semi- matte. It still provides a bit of moisture after it has settled on your lips.

In warm lighting, it makes your teeth appear yellow. But in natural lighting, it's pretty okay. The trick here is applying thin layers. The lipstick is opaque, and layering it can intensify the color, thereby making your teeth look more yellow.

Sorry, but the camera did not capture the actual color of the lipstick. Just think of Barbie's eternal lipstick shade. That's what Countessa looks like in actual.

Lime Crime claims that its staying power is that of a lip tint. Well, if you use your lips often, the lipstick will be wiped out since it's not completely matte. But it does leave a nice pink stain on the lips. If you don't feel like wearing lipstick at the end of the day, but would still love to have that 'just- bitten' color on your lips just in case a cutie passes by, then leave the job to Countessa Fluorescent.

Overall, the packaging is pretty, the shade is exactly what I'm looking for, and I didn't have to wait for it and pay ridiculous miscellaneous fees. I love it! It makes me look polished even if I just put blush and powder. Now I want more Lime Crime! :D

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. martha ang ganda nga! :D now i want one, naconfuse ako kung ito ba or centrifuschia + retrofuturist. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. babyjap: thank you! :D get both! review for retrofuturist coming up shortly. :D

    kim: daghang salamat sis (tama ba?)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want~ haha may i use in photoshoot? :)) wahahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty. I want to get one but i got candy yum yum already. Do you think i still need this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. krisan: sure kapatid. :)

    anonymous: hmmm..maybe not anymore. :) it's almost 95% the same as CYY. :)but the packaging's too hard to miss. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. available pa po ba ung centrifuschia and countessa fluorescent?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)