PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK IN NECTAR

Here's an initial review on Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar


Screen shot taken from Bobbi Brown's official site.

Photo taken from one of my Bobbi Brown posts. Please refer to the post to check the real source of the photo.

THE VERDICT:

I've always wanted to get this item from my most favorite collection by Bobbi Brown, the Cabana Corals collection. Too bad, I only had a budget for a Calypso Coral pot rouge during the time it was released in the Philippines. :/

And I have been a very good girl so God blessed me with a Nectar Shimmer Brick--FOR FREE! Many thanks to the team of Everest Pacific (makers of Vitapack) for making one of dreams come true! :D

My shimmer bricks! Nectar is a combination of gold, peach, and coral. Apparently, Nectar is the top- selling and top- rated Shimmer Brick according to the official site of Bobbi Brown cosmetics.

In my review of the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Platinum Pink, I didn't really give it a positive review. But I am taking it back because my Platinum Pink has become my sole companion in keeping me looking healthy and glowing. :)


The mirror embedded on the case is huge enough for you to see your face. The packaging is a big and quite heavy though. But who cares? This is a wonder product!

Comes with a styrofoam protector too. :)

Different shades of peach and corals. :)

L-R: Per strip swatching (1,2,3,4,5). Please refer to the pic above this. No.1 starts at the first strip.

Here's the outcome if you blend all the strips together. It's a peach coral shade with a generous amount of gold shimmer. :)

One swipe instantly delivers a sheer wash of shimmer to brighten your complexion.

Here's moi with the shimmer brick. Notice the slight coral wash and the pretty shimmer that highlighted my apples well? You have to use this sparingly though, because the product is very pigmented. You don't want to look like as if you dropped from outer space in case you overdo your application. The shimmer stays put the whole day, and I needed to re-apply only once to boost the coral shade. The shimmer brick has many uses. So if you're thinking twice about getting one, please check my Bobbi Brown posts for the many uses of BB's Shimmer Brick. And the fact that the Shimmer Bricks are one of the brand's best- selling products means that you should really invest in one!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Hi Martha :) Thanks for the review. The shimmer brick looks great on you! Subtle wash of color and shimmer is not over the top. I remember going to a Bobbi Brown store and the MUA/salesperson recommended to use it on top of Pot Rouge, which I thought was a great idea...and I think you could pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crispy: and thank you very much for visiting! :) I did that too while I was taking pics of the shimmer brick. :) You can actually use it as a topper on any blush. :) Will post the pot rouge+shimmer brick entry this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blending! Looking gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mariakristela: oops! sorry for the dated reply. thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)