Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters Review: Butter made Better

Here's a comprehensive review on Revlon' Colorburst Lip Butters

PRICE: P525.00 each
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Revlon counters in leading malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Funny illustration, but I'm not kidding. The illustration above (forgive its tackiness) describes the entirety of my Lip Butter experience. And this could probably be another tiring Lip Butter musing you've come across online. If you still don't have at least one from the Lip Butter line in spite of the influx of Lip Butter raves online, let this post tell (and convince) you again that you need these buttery bullets in your life--and you need to get one NOW.


For one, it's a dream come true for lipstick lovers, lipbalm heads, lipgloss fans, and even those who have severe chapped lips. No ma, these newest lippies from Revlon are not lipsticks at all. They're tinted balms infused with hydrating and smoothing extracts to give you back your baby lips in no time.

Lip Butter, why u so popular???

I'm not the best person to give shiny lipsticks to, but these Lip Butters work so well for me! It's because in spite of its glossiness, it does not feel runny and watery when applied. I also like the fact that the pigmentation of the lippies did not suffer considering the fact that it's a lipbalm. It can also fill in fine lines too for a plumper pout. It does not have any smell, colors are pretty and young, coverage is build-able, and it really keeps lips soft even if it has already worn off. However, staying power is poor due to its wet consistency. You'd have to reapply this after 2 hours.

Nevertheless, I love it simply because of its gorgeous color selection. The colors are so--ME! Haha.

Here are some of my personal swatches. BTW, these Lip Butters come in 20 luscious shades.


BERRY SMOOTHIE




This is my most favorite shade. Unfortunately, the tube is faulty, and it cannot push the product up from the base. :(


Berry Smoothie is a cool pink shade with slight silver glimmers. The glimmers ain't noticeable at all.


Berry Smoothie on me.


SUGAR PLUM




My second most favorite! Looks kinda' dark in the tube, but it's actually a light plum lipstick with a pink undertone. It's a perfect MLBB shade. I've worn this one for three days straight last week!


Sugar Plum on me.


CREME BRULEE



Creme Brûlée is a nude beige shade. It's the perfect shade to compliment smoky eye make- up looks.

Creme Brûlée on me.


Finally, CHERRY TART




Cherry Tart is a pink- based red lipstick with silver glimmer. It's a lovely, juicy color that's perfect for daytime wear.

Cherry Tart on me.

Highly recommended by The Beauty Junkee. It's great for teens, young adults, and young and mature women! In short, it's perfect for every female! If you're looking for a nice break from bold lipsticks, but would still want to retain a bit of color on your lips, then get these lip butters!

ADDENDUM: Hey, there are glittered and non- glittered shades available. But the glitters are not noticeable at all when they're already on your lips. So go ahead, pick anything 'cos there's no reason to fear shimmer.

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. i like the sugar plum on you!!!
    curious question: does it taste like butter, hence the name? or it just totally describes the moisturizing effect? how much are these?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jakie: hey there! sugar plum is loooove.

    nope, butter is for the feel and effect. nah, doesn't have any taste at all. :D

    price is posted. it's 525 ea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah all the colors are so nice! Perfect for the summer! I want...no wait...I need!


    Tanya
    http://tardydresser.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. I like the sugar plum! I want one.. everytym I put on my Nyx lipstick, I always add gloss.. like always! If I have this, it will save me tym and money.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the sugar plum and cherry tart you. im planning to buy one but its kinda pricey for 525 each. and they look smaller than a normal lipstick tube. do you think it's worth the price? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every color you tried looks amazing especially the creme brulee! I already bought Lollipop but they are so pink. I'm thinking of buying more natural colors though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super pretty!!!love how every shade works for u!!been an avid reader pero i think bihira ako magcomment so sorry!!:)) nwei i wanted these ever since it came out!!will try to get one of these soon!!! magalit na ang wallet!!joke!:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gusto ko yung Berry Smoothie and Sugar Plum and when I saw your second picture Ms.Martha napa-smile ako.I was like: "Wow, ang ganda ni Ms.Martha, (bagong gising po ba kayo dun?). Thick brows suits you well talaga! hmm Convincing and lippies na ito. No need to put lip balms or glosses. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this in Candy Apple. It's really moisturizing, and the color is so nice for a lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Revlon lippies. I bought myself a Revlon lipstick in Toast of New York shade last December. I use red colored lipliner of any brand plus my Revlon lipstick and it gives me a Sexy Red Lips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooove all the shades in here, esp Sugar Plum. They all look good on you. :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Cherry Tart and Sugar Plum, I should get these two... Hope this one is available na at SM Cebu...

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow these sound amazing. they're gorgeous. i really like berry smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh! nasa tuktok pala ang price, bakit hindi ko naman nakita! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tanya: hahaha. Get one na! Perfect with your Pinkbox accessories! hahah. :p

    Theresa: thanks dear! :D

    Carmi: hi! Great question. Yes, because I've tried more expensive tinted lip balms that don't work at all. so for its price, it's worth it 'cos it delivers. :)

    Gie: hey there! Nice meeting you! :D Yeah, magalit na si atm! :D Get one na! :D

    Jen: hahaha. thanks dear. Naligo naman ako sa mga pics ko aha. :D

    Chryztyne: hey there! I wanna get Candy Apple too! :D

    Aidisan: hello! :D Great tip! Thanks for sharing! :D I love Revlon's really red. :)

    apol: thanks! :D

    Melanie: you should! :D I think cherry tart will look great on you. :)

    Jackie: I love it too! Too bad, tube is faulty! Have to get a new one tuloy. :/

    jakie: no prob. hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. kainggit ka Martha! coz u have nice coloring kaya almost all colors suits you..I like the cherry tart the most!

    ReplyDelete
  17. leilani: thanks dear! CT is my third favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sugar Plum looks so pretty on you! And having seen these pictures on your blog, I'd definitely want to swatch several shades when I go to the department store. XD Too bad I just got a couple of new lippies. Then again, maybe I'd get these next time or something XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how moisturizing these lippies are! and they're quite pigmented too :)

    Anyway you should try the shade Candy Apple. It's kind of like the slightly toned down version of Cherry Tart and without the glimmers :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)