HOOLA-LA-LA!: Benefit Hoola Bronzer Review

Here's an initial review on Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer

PRICE: P1600.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Benefit Cosmetics, Greenbelt 5
OTHER LOCATIONS: Benefit Cosmetics Online; online resellers


THE VERDICT:

I have found a very, very good contouring powder and bronzer.

I've always wanted to get MAC's Tantone blush because it's the most natural contouring powder/bronzer I've ever seen. But when I saw this at Benefit Greenbelt 5, I thought that it would be the perfect substitute.

I have observed that most bronzing powders are either too orange or too glittery. I mean, yeah, I get that glistening, golden, and sparkling are adjectives to describe a "Beach Goddess" look, but good Lord, why do brands have to translate these to their bronzers?!

Hoola is actually a bronzing powder. It's what bronzing powders should be--tan, matte, and natural.



In the older versions of the Box O' Powders, the box's cover used to be separate from the base, and it was too inconvenient for the buyers. That's why the covers of the newer versions are now attached to the base.


I've also noticed that the recent blush brushes are softer. My previous Box O' Powders have scratchy brushes. Thank goodness Benefit for these softer bristles.




Hoola is a matte tan brown shade with no undertones and glitters.


Coverage can be built up depending on how sheer or bold you want the color to be. In spite of its matte texture, the powder is very easy to blend. However, since the formulation is matte, fall out is quite significant.


Here's the powder on me. It's not pigmented. I'd have to swipe the powder around twice or thrice to make the color pop from my skin. I like it that way. At least I don't end up with muddy cheeks in case I overdo my application. Staying power is great. I only have to retouch around once or twice during wear.


It's my go- to contour powder as of the moment. It just goes well with every lipstick shade I have.

Its versatility makes it worth every penny. With Hoola, I have a bronzer, contour powder, and an occasional eyeshadow in one product! I highly recommend it. :)

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. sis, may blush ka pa ba na gamit dito or yung hoola lang itself? gusto ko din matuto kng pano mag contour sa makeup kasi i have round face shape:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wanted to try this. its so natural looking, im scared of bronzers though, cause i am extremely pale so it might look off :((

    xo, Georgia
    http://upformakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. you're so pretty talaga! :) and i really like your bronzer, it looks so natural.. Wanna try that soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear, I'll purchase this as soon as I finish my Elf Bronzer. I love your clear, tanned and glowing skin!Very pretty indeed!

    I'm your newest follower!^_^

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://prettylittlepetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best skin and the best facial features!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kath: hello! I only used hoola here. I did a tutorial on face contouring. check out the HOW TO'S label in my archives. :D

    Georgia: thanks dear! Apparently, Hoola is a favorite of our make-up loving caucasian sisters. :D

    Apple: thanks dear! yes, you should! :D

    Iya: thanks Iya! :D Welcome to my blog! :D

    Aira: thanks dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so natural looking! you really have a great skin.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually skip bronzers too :( don't know how to use one or di lng tlg bagay sken..:( I usually end up looking like a skeleton :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute po talaga ang packaging ng Benefit cosmetics. The bronzing powder looks natural po sa inyo. :)I've been wanting to try a good bronzing / contouring powder dahil i have rounded face. Thanks for this pot Ms.Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I've been almost addicted to ur blog recently and I love your entries! :) anyhoo..I wonder, do u think this would suit my pale face?

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! bagay na bagay sa yo! i like the box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. theresa: thanks dear! :D

    leilani: maybe you have to know the right techniques. It's all about blending, baby. Check my HOW TO's posts. I did a tutorial on how to contour faces properly. :D

    Jessica: hey! thanks and welcome to my blog. :D Yes, I think it will since the color has no undertones, therefore, it will look natural on anyone.:D Thanks for reading, dear. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to learn how to contour. Especially on my nasal area. Would you be kind enough to share what shade are you in MAC? I'm NW25 and ain't sure if this contouring powder would complement my skin tone. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. or: I have a tutorial on how to contour your face. maybe you can check that out.

    Apparently, a lot of gals with fair skin love it. so i think yeah, it will suit you. Coverage can be built, unlike other contouring powders that are too pigmented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just got this one today :)) I really feel like it has something to do with my reading this post, commenting and your reply! Haha! I love it..it's so easy to use for a contour newbie like me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loove Hoola! I'm using it everyday to contour. Sayang I got the old packaging. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jessica: haha. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase! :d

    anythinggoes: It's so nice no? :D If you empty one, get one at Benefit! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)