MAC Rebel Review: A New and REBEL-lious Kind Of Love


Here's a review on MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel

PRICE: P1000.00

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, Makati City

OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC stores in: Ayala Cebu; Shangri- La Mall; Trinoma; Rustan's Makati; Marionnaud, SM Mall of Asia


THE VERDICT:

Regina Belmonte is one of my favorite beauty and lifestyle bloggers. It's because I admire her classy beauty, and love the fact that she's head over heels with red lipstick (which happens to be my most favorite lipstick shade as well).

In one of my recent events, I had a chance to sit beside her. She's a pretty nice girl--listens well, chats a lot, and she also told me about a lot of cool red lipstick shades to try.

Rebel happens to be one of her favorites. I've seen this shade in MAC's website before, contemplated on buying it, but figured that it wouldn't be wearable. But because of Regina, I've decided to drop by MAC to give it a second look. Thank God I did.

Rebel is kinda' hard to describe. Methinks the lipstick's tone will vary depending on what skin tone it's on. For ladies with fair skin, it will look a tad darker than this lip swatch. On ladies with medium and morena skin tone, it is a beautiful violet berry shade with a strong red undertone. It can actually pass off as a berry or plum lipstick. See! It's so hard to describe! LOL!

I threw in some comparison photos for everyone. I compared it with my MAC lipstick in Violetta from the Disney Venomous Villains Collection.

Actually, Violetta is like the lighter version of Rebel. Violetta is best worn during day time, but would be apt for night time as well. Whatever floats your boat.

It's so pretty, that sometimes, I don't care if it's too dark for daytime wear. I'm in love with it! :D

Rebel is my first makeup staple for the new year of the Dragon! :D

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE ASKS:

What about you? Lovin' something new this 2012? Spill! :)

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. been a silent reader of your blog and can't help but to comment, for the first time, to say that that lipcolor really suits you! :) you look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nette: hello dear! I appreciate that! Thanks for supporting my blog. :) Thanks for the compliment, and happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebel suits you very well, Martha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. k: hi dear! welcome to my blog. :D Thanks for the compliment, and happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. super bagay sayo ang color.. it matches your tan skin tone!:)

    amerahassana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it your DP on your facebook private Account Ms.Martha? Straight to the point..."YOU'RE SO LOVELY" with the mac Lippy! The color suits you well :) as in Perfect! (walang halong bola).Thums up (kasama pati yung sa toes) haha. preettyyyy much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have to go and find a dupe for it! Mac is just so dang expensive. Love the color on you!

    Follow my new blog:
    http://bucketofcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive been reading your blog for months now..and i totally love your blog. since im also into lipsticks. haha :) i totally love that lip color suits you real well..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great with any lipcolor 'coz you have nice skin e..by the way,,this shade is parang sa beauty treats na magenta...super nice beauty treats din :0

    ReplyDelete
  10. anjel: hello! awww...thanks for visiting my blog dear. :D i love it! hmmm..I should sport this more often cos even my friends think it suits me well! :D

    leilani: thank you! :D surprised nga at how it matched my skin tone very well. :) hmmm...i should check that out. thanks for the reco! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebel is STUNNING on you! <3

    It was so lovely meeting you guys (and getting to see other crazy folks like Shen again, haha)! :) Madaldal ako sa Internet, pero shy talaga ako sa totoong buhay. :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Regina: hey there! Welcome to my blog. Nice having you here. :)

    Haha. Yeah, I agree that Shen is one crazy folk. But I love her. :) Would love to be in an event with you again soon! Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're so pretty. love the lipstick on you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo pretty! Love them both though I'm loving rebel on you sis! SOOOO Fierce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! so pretty.. :) I like the violet-ish effect of it.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)