Benefit Watts Up Review: For that Megawatt Glow

Here's a review on Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up! Soft Focus Face Highlighter

PRICE: P1,600.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Benefit Cosmetics, Greenbelt 5, Makati City


THE VERDICT:

I used to be afraid of face highlighters before because the last thing I want to look like is a disco ball. Most face highlighters I've encountered are too shimmery, pink, and glittery.

Recently, I encountered Benefit's Watts Up!. Apparently, it's a natural- looking highlighter that can suit almost any skin tone. Anything with the word 'Natural' on it, I'll buy. :)


This little light saber is your instant weapon against dullness and flatness. It comes in a whimsical dual- ended packaging. The only con would be the cap of the highlighter. It keeps on falling off from the tube! But good thing Benefit is wise enough to include a smaller, tight- fitting cap on the product to keep it from staining your stuff and bag.



The other end is a sponge applicator for hygienic application. I find it very useful because it helps soften the color of the highlighter. I also use my fingers sometimes to blend the highlighter on my face.


Product comes in a twist tube.


Watts Up! is a soft champagne highlighter with soft beige and pink undertones. It goes on a bit shimmery when applied. But if blended evenly and correctly, it just looks very natural.


Strategic Application

- You don't necessarily have to highlight your whole face. If you do, it will make you look oily, and it will enhance the wrong features. Here's how you can work Watts Up!, or any face highlighters in general:

Above the brow: Apply Watts Up! then blend outwards and towards your forehead to scatter the product.

Brow Bone: in replacement of eyeshadow highlighters; You can also use Watts Up! as a lid wash on non- eyeshadow days.

Nose Bridge: Blend upwards and downwards alternately. This creates the illusion of a slimmer nose.

Cheek Bones: Smile to locate your apples, and apply a sheer layer of Watts Up! on them. Blend outwards. If Watts Up! dulls your blush, swirl a stippling brush on your preferred blush and reapply on your apples in a light, swirling motion.


Voila! My megawatt face courtesy of Watts Up! If you noticed, I did not apply some on my forehead. Why? Because your forehead is the protruded part of your face, and it can catch light easily, meaning the sun's rays will do the highlighting for you. And for gals with oily skin like me, it's best to apply highlighter on smaller parts, because it may aggravate excessively oily parts.

Consistency of Watts Up! is cream to powder. Texture is very smooth and semi- creamy, and it's good for people with dry, combination, or oily skin. I find that it works best if it's applied over powder. It stays all day too!

One more thing, you won't be needing your regular setting powder to keep Watts Up! intact on your face. If you want a natural- looking highlighter for day or night time use, I highly recommend Watts Up! Price is pretty steep though, but this baby is so pigmented, it will last you for as long as you want it. :)

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. It gave you a very beautiful glow, Martha. Would want to try this soon. Okay, I'm putting this in my ever-so long wishlist now... Hehe... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Ms.Liz' review about this product too.
    I also love highlighters. Your face looks dewy just like the Korean actresses! And it was said to be that highlighters make our face look much younger, as long as it is use and apply correctly. That's true, kahit nga po di na maglagay sa forehead, it automatically produce some oil and when hit by sun' ray, may auto-highlighter na!
    Sinunod ko po yung tip ninyo on how to apply highlighter and it definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis ilang years expiration ng high lighters like this one?gusto ko sana itry, may sample size ba nito?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking down notes sa strategic application. Nahihirapan pa rin aq in putting on nose bridge and eyeshadow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely done... indeed na highlight nya mga contour ng face. love the necklace! and the coral shade ng lipstick .. nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so that's the secret...ang galing naman..you look great...wala pa sa kalahati ng year, sangkatutak na wishlist ko..haay..thanks for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. gellie: thanks dear! :D I think this will look good on you. :)

    jen: very true. :) wow! glad it works on you! :D

    tala: cool! let me know how it works for you. :)

    magz: thanks dear! :D

    alpha: thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the concept of strategic application.. Cool! I will practice on this.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)