MAC Prolongwear Concealer NC30 Review: For The Love of Concealers

Here’s a review on MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC30

PRICE: P1,000.00
PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, Makati City
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC Stores at: Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas; Glorietta 2, Makati City; Trinoma; Ayala Center Cebu; Marrionnaud, SM Mall of Asia


THE VERDICT:

I have finally found the concealer that will replace MAC Studio Finish in my heart. Studio Finish used to be my HG concealer from MAC. I tip my hat to its concealing powers, but it’s so hard to spread and blend. And if it’s not blended properly, it may have a tendency to cake during wear.



MAC’s Prolongwear concealer is a liquid concealer in a chic glass bottle with a pump. It’s best for people with dry skin because of its moisturizing texture. It’s a more liquid version of MAC Select Cover Up Concealer.


Consistency is a bit runny, which makes it very easy to spread.


I noticed that for this particular product, the shade NC30 seems a bit white- ish, and I can barely see the yellow undertone when I blend it. In Studio Finish, the yellow undertone of NC30 is more prominent. For reference, I’m NC42. If you’re darker than I am, I suggest that you go for NC35 or NC40 because I find that it fares lighter than other MAC concealer variants. But at least it doesn’t look white in pictures.


Even though the coverage of Prolongwear is not as thick as any of MAC’s concealers, it still manages to conceal dark under eye circles. Maybe the pigments used in it are the secret workers behind its concealing power. Whatever it is, I salute MAC for creating a concealer that looks like second skin! Check out the part with the concealer on. It completely changed my skin’s tone, yet my skin still projects through it. Coverage can be built, but it takes time to dry.


I fell in love more with this concealer when I discovered that it significantly reduces the appearance of post acne marks and other skin discolorations such as redness.


Here’s me with the concealer on. I know you’ll all agree when I say that it looks very natural! I like using this on my lids too to make me look refreshed and awake. It doesn’t cake because it’s not cream, and it does not fade because it’s PROLONGWEAR (it’s so true to its name!).

Of course, I shall repurchase. But I won’t be repurchasing in the near future because a single pump is sufficient to cover both my undereyes.

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. Good morning Ms. Martha. How about if you have oily skin po? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been confused on what shade to get for concealers. If I am NC35, what concealer shade do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang ganda ng finish sa undereye mo sis, natural lang. btw, love your brows here :) sana meron din dupe na affordable yung MAC Prolong wear concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tala: I have oily skin dear. and it works! :)

    donna: It depends on what kind and brand of concealer you want to get. For MAC, if you're going to get this one, you can go for NC20 or NC30. But for studio Finish, studio sculpt, and select cover up, nc30 would be fine. :) thanks for visiting donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear pano malalaman yung dapat na foundie para sa skin type? lalo na pag sa MAC? i havent used any foundation pa from MAC, lippie lang at e/s =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my concern din eh about sa oily skin, I got this concelear my friend gave me it always results to my face na sobra oily. kelangan i dab palagi ng paper sheet. MAC concelear medyo fluid ung consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It (MAC products)doesn't fail you talga Ms.Martha. I like it's coverage. I agree mukang fresh at natural. I love your brows on that picture. Are they newly groomed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I think I would need one of this.. :) thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeyey..so happy it works for oily skin..but its quite expensive...sana mag sale..problem ko na kase eversince yung dark circles..you look awesome as always :D thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. uy ganda. at first it looked sooo white on your hand (sample) but once blended, ang ganda! im not a fan of concealers but this looks like it's something I would probably spend money on

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been lemming for this one for a long time now. Thanks for the review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. rhaindropz: hi rhain. it depends on your skin type. let me know first so I can recommend you something. :)

    magz13: maybe you have super oily skin my dear. I have oily skin, and this one works just fine.

    jen: they aren't. just doing my usual brow routine. :)

    jakie: true my dear. and it will really last you for a long time because you wouldn't need a lot!

    anythinggoes: lemme know how it works for you if you get one for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay, might as well try this. okay lang pala sa oily skin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, do you have an idea if they are still selling pro longwear in rustan's shang?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i also like this concealer a lot... I bought 3 shades... what i usually use a very thing concealer brush to spread the product on the face and pat it using the ring finger to blend it well... once it sets it won't budge

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)