Review: Max Factor Ageless Elixir Foundation+Serum in Bronze 80


Here’s a review on Max Factor Ageless Elixir Foundation+Serum in Bronze 80

PRICE: P895.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Max Factor counters in all malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Life is so fast paced nowadays that most women tend to take for granted a few of the important things in life. For example, most women would skip their skin care regimen to make way for makeup, because looking beautiful and presentable is a must, and makeup can give these results in a jiffy. But what most women don’t realize is that makeup can only provide temporary results, while skin care will grant them beautiful skin for life.

But it ain’t impossible to get the best of both worlds today. There are so many products that marry skin care and makeup to let you pay attention to all the essential things without having to sacrifice a lot of time. One good example of the products I’m talking about is Max Factor’s Ageless Elixir foundation.

Ageless Elixir combines various anti- aging ingredients and rich pigmented foundation in this sleek and lightweight bottle. It repairs your skin while providing full coverage for a smooth and flawless canvass.


It has a pump dispenser for hygienic and controlled usage.


Bronze 80 is a mix of olive and pink undertones. It’s not really a major problem for me, but I find that it has a tendency to turn gray on my skin if I apply more than 2 layers. I use translucent powder to set the foundation. I prefer using translucent over tinted finishers for a non- cakey look. I also let the foundation settle a bit on my skin before I set it with powder so its real shade would show up.

Consistency is like liquid mousse: Very soft and spreadable. Its oil- free formulation makes it dry up rapidly after application. It also has a hint of citrus fragrance that masks the smell of sebum on your face. Bobby Carlos, makeup artist for Max Factor Philippines explained that as we age, our facial oil tends to have a distinct odor. I’m not sure if that smell will affect makeup though. But you wouldn’t want to have a smelly face, right?


Here’s my bare face. I just applied concealer on my under eyes.


In spite of its coverage, my skin still projects through the foundation. If you need maximum coverage, apply 2-3 layers. I’m usually good with just 1 layer. It feels very lightweight on the skin, and perfect for our humid weather too.


I find that it can conceal skin mild pigmentation and marks effectively. Take note that I didn’t apply concealer prior to Ageless Elixir on my left cheek, which is apparently experiencing a mild breakout.


Ageless Elixir set with powder

The foundation smooths out your skin canvas for a more flawless look. Staying power is great: I only have to blot my oilies once during wear. Thank God for its oil- free formulation.

Regarding its line diminishing properties, don't expect that change will happen overnight. You'll see results if you use the product continuously. Please be patient. :)

I would buy this again if they will release versions with yellow undertones. But for a drugstore foundation, it has great quality. I recommend this to:

Women with prominent lines and scars- the liquid mousse consistency fills in fine lines, and smoothens out skin canvass by filling in facial dips.
Women with skin discolorations- its rich pigmentation effectively blurs pigmentation
Women with rough skin- it has a luxurious moisturizer feel to it that helps quench your skin during wear

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Can this cover freckles?I mean, I don't like using concealers kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kath: of course it can. freckles seem lighter than post- acne marks, at least to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)