My First- Ever Facial Experience at Flawless

Hello guys! I just want to share my first- ever facial at Flawless Face and Body Clinic. For a facial virgin like me, I’m pretty brave ‘cos I went for a Nano Power Peel instead of a traditional invigorating facial. I also brought my mom with me and treated her to the same facial treatment.



So what’s a Nano Power Peel? It’s one of Flawless’ Microdermabrasion treatments that makes use of exfoliating corundrum crystals to remove dead epidermal cells. There is no down time, and there is less to no pain at all during the procedure.


Mom and I purchased the Diamond package. The Diamond Peel is available in Regular, Ruby, and Diamond packages. What’s the difference between these packages? Well, you just get a room upgrade that’s all. For an additional 300 to your total bill, you get your own private spot in the clinic. If you want to feel secured and totally relaxed, I suggest you go for the Ruby or Diamond packages.


Session is about to commence!


My aesthetician applied a cleansing cream to remove makeup and impurities from the skin.


Next, she steamed my face using this device for 2 minutes. This steam machine is meant to open up your pores so pricking wouldn’t be that painful (but it will still be painful). I didn’t know that it was for that, and I wasn’t ready to undergo pain so I told her no, I won’t have my pimples pricked. :p


Since my pores are open, she can’t continue with the session because the crystals might enter and clog my pores. So she ran a laser on my face to close my pores.


A gauze strip was used to cover my face for hygiene purposes. It also prevents direct skin-laser contact.


The crystal machine! The left tube has the clean crystals in it, while the one on the right is where the used crystals go for disposal. Check out how it works:


A pen device was used to blast crystals onto my skin. There was minimal pain at first because the crystals were pretty gritty, but it went away after a few seconds. I got used to the scrubs pretty quickly. I don’t know if it’s just me, or the pen also works like a vacuum because I can feel that as it sprays crystals onto my skin, I can sort of feel a “sucking” motion whenever the aesthetician is running it closely on my face.


The crystals will stay on your skin for a minute.


A sanitized brush is used to dust the crystals from your skin.

See the clean difference. The crystals in the tubes literally changed its color.




An exclusively formulated serum was applied to quench my skin after that extreme exfoliation.


Finally, the aesthetician applied sunblock on my face.


I finished ahead of mom, and here she is with her vegetable mask. According to her, it’s very relaxing, smells good, and it made her skin soft. If you want to end your treatment with a relaxing mask, an additional P500+ will be charged to your bill.

Let me take you on a small tour inside Flawless' MOA Clinic:


If you get the regular package, your services will be performed in the common area. I didn’t go for this package because I wanted to feel relaxed during my treatment, and it’s nearly impossible to relax in here because I could hear small chatter and noise from the lobby in this area.


Ruby package: It’s a semi- private area where a curtain divider is used to conceal the clients and the on-going treatments. Most of its clients are people who undergo body peels.


BLOG DEBUT: Tadaah! my beautiful mother after her Diamond Peel. :)


Post- treatment result: Radiant and glowing skin! It felt really clean, albeit pretty dry because the dead skin cells are still peeling.


My skin the morning after: It looks pretty healthy here, and my skin tone has become more even. However, I got zits a few days after the treatment. I told the peeps at Flawless regarding my concern, and what we’ve concluded from our correspondence is that I got the zits because I didn’t go home right after the treatment, and dirt have entered my vulnerable pores, hence the zits. I strolled in MOA with my family after the treatment, and have hit the sack without washing my face (because I was advised not to). So next time, even if aestheticians would tell me not to wash my face after a facial treatment, I still would because I don’t want to sacrifice my social life just because of a facial. Haha! I shared this experience with another dermatologist, and he hypothesized that the zits were caused by an adverse reaction to their in-house skin products. (Makes sense) So in my next facial treatments, I will skip unfamiliar serums and sunblocks (except eye creams). I will just use my trusted skin products after the facial. If you have sensitive skin, and have a tendency to react to new skin products, I strongly suggest that you bring your trusted moisturizers, sunblocks, and serums and ask your aesthetician to use it on you instead.

Overall, it was a great experience for a first- timer like me. The attendants were pretty nice, rooms are clean, and my aesthetician, Mhai, is very patient and she really knows what she’s talking about. If you’re interested, the Nano Power Peel is P2,500.00/session. Bear in mind that in all skin treatments, consistency is key. I could’ve seen better results if I continued with the Diamond Peel, as I have seen a significant change in my facial skin the next day. When I finally have a stable income, I will definitely consider including facials and peels as part of my skincare routine.

To know more about Flawless' treatments, and to find a Flawless Clinic near you, visit FLAWLESS OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

ADDENDUM: Sorry, the treatment my mom and I had is not called Diamond Peel. It's NANO POWER PEEL. Thanks Flawless for the correction!

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. In fairness, mala La Oropesa naman pala talaga si Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..the results are awesome..you really look flawless there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi MArtha, tried DP na din before pero once lang. I thought it will lessen my freckles a bit yun pala pang exfoliate lang ng dead skin. Gusto ko sana ma try yung major peel as in nagbabalat pero takot ako coz I have sensitive and manipis na skin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang ganda mo naman even without makeup! you have a very nice tan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad na nagkazit ka Ms.Martha :( Mahirap pala after ng peel. Double care dapat sa skin. Pero I can see naman na mas radiant at glowy yung skin nyo :)
    Ang bongga ni mother :) Parang ang sarap nung vegetable mask. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ! ask q lng kng mga magkano yung bill nyo nyan all in all ? i wanna try ksi , and btw, you're so pretty even without make-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be getting a diamond peel days from now. I'm just scared baka magka-break out ako. :( Saan located ang zits mo and madami ba?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)