Review: Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++


Here's a review on Kiehl's Ultra Light UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++

PRICE: 30ml- P1,995.00; 60ml- P2,995.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Kiehl's Mall of Asia; Greenbelt 5; Powerplant Mall (Soon)


THE VERDICT:

The higher SPF content there is, the whiter your sunblock gets. This is mainly the reason why people skip sunblock. Apart from the nasty white cast, sunblocks with high SPF content are also thick, goopy, and annoying.

But not this sunblock! I've been using this a lot lately because it's so lightweight and most importantly, invisible!


Kiehl's new sunblock for the face effectively blocks UVA and UVB rays. For a face sunblock, its SPF content is pretty high! That means you can stay out in the sun without having to worry about getting sunspots, sunburns, and UVA killing your precious youth cells. But of course, there is a general rule in Sunblock efficacy and application. It is always best to reapply sunblock most especially if you sweat profusely, and sunblock is best used on top of makeup. Unfortunately, this sunblock cannot be applied on top of makeup. If you do, it will turn your face into a hot mess. So I suggest that you use bases with added SPF to double your sun protection.



It's a water- based sunblock with a thick yet lightweight consistency. It's so easy to apply, gets absorbed by the skin quickly, and fragrance- free.


Here's Kiehl's Ultra light Daily UV Defense on me. It's like I just slathered moisturizer on my skin! I also love the fact that its watery and semi- creamy consistency acts like a moisturizer. But still, I apply Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer on it to seal the product.

In spite of its thick consistency, it doesn't feel "hot" on skin. I used this in my recent Boracay trip because its texture is so beach- friendly!

I would also recommend this to people with dry skin because of its moisturizing consistency. People with oily skin will get along with this product since it's oil- free.

It's a keeper, and I will buy it again. Another great product from my HG skin care brand! :D

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. which works better as makeup primer as well, this or vmv armada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous: hello there! Great question. I wouldn't recommend both as primers because both sunblocks have creamy consistency. It's still best to use primer if you want makeup to last long. Or if you have oily skin, go for matte sunblocks such as Obagi's sun guard-c or celeteque's matte facial moisturizer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi martha! thanks for the reply. i have dry skin, what moisturizing primer with spf would you reco?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pero mas cheaper po ba ang Armada di ba kaysa sa Kiehls?

    Wow, it's oil free, I think promising talaga ang mga product from Kiehls, base on your review na din Ms.M, kaya nga favorite mo sila, if only I can afford them! I'll definitely grab some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this!
    it's so lightweight!

    i got the free sample only. will definitely buy this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)