Review: L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder


Here's a review on L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder in Classic Tan

PRICE: Got it on a sale at P219.00 (Original price is P249.75)
PLACE BOUGHT: Cosmetologie Fair, SM Mall of Asia
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please inquire via L.A. COLORS PH Facebook Fan Page


THE VERDICT:

I've been dying to get my hands on some L.A. Colors cosmetics, as some international beauty bloggers say that it's a great drugstore product. Thank goodness to the company/person who brought it here--because I've found a ridiculously affordable but great setting powder from the brand.

DESCRIPTION: (From lacolors.com)

TALC AND FRAGRANCE FREE
LONG LASTING
VELVETY SMOOTH FINISH

Mineral Pressed Powder is a whisper light powder that allows the skin to breathe. Use it to bring life to bare skin or to extend the life of foundation. Mineral Pressed Powder is talc-free and fragrance free for a natural coverage with a velvety smooth finish. Includes compact case with mirror and applicator!


It comes in a blister card packaging. Most of L.A. Colors' face products don't have testers, so you really have to check the internet for some product swatches. Case looks okay, but it doesn't look and feel sturdy. The screws that hold the pan, cover, and sponge compartment together are a bit wobbly at first, and have a tendency to loosen up after a period of time. My advice to those who have it and are going to purchase it: Please don't drop it and be extra cautious when using it.

The sponge has a lovely and luxurious feel to it. It reminds me of the sponges of expensive makeup products such as MAC. It doesn't get crumbly, and feels very soft and smooth.



Classic Tan is a brown shade with a pink undertone. I've also noticed that almost all of their products are pink- toned, and the shades lean towards the medium/tan/dark skin meter. If you notice, it has slight shimmers in it. Powder feels somewhere between creamy and chalky, meaning it's good enough to be used on its own or as a setting powder for liquid or cream foundation.


Here's the powder on me. I use a regular powder brush, and dust it lightly onto my skin as it has a tendency to turn ashy on me if I apply too much. I rarely use the sponge because it grabs too much product. I like using this to tame liquid foundations/BB Creams that are too light for my skin tone.

The shimmers give me a radiant and healthy glow. Thank goodness for them because they somehow tame down the ashy cast.

Staying power is great too. Even if my face oils up after a few hours of wear, the color doesn't come off or oxidize.

Awesome buy. I will repurchase. I recommend it to my fellow tanned sisters and to dark- skinned ladies too!

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. sis meron kaya para sa skintone ko?will check later pag punta sa mall. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine DacanayMay 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM

    I've never tried anything from L.A. Colors. But I usually their products on USA 88. It's expensive for 219 where you can buy it half the price on dollar stores. They've got lots of lippies and nail stuff there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ms.Martha! Where did you bought it? I wanna try it too. Thanks to your blog post. :)

    XOXO,

    http://svetlanisophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really inexpensive! And I love that it has a big mirror. Thank you for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kath: i saw fairer shades naman. :)

    aviva: super! :) lemme know how it goes for you. :)

    tanya: cosmetologie fair. :) i saw la colors in robinson's galleria's department store :)

    christine: thanks for sharing! saw them one time too at a dollar store but they seem expired to me hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. in comparison with the high end MAC products, this is inexpensive i must say. nice shade you had in here. it compliments your skin tone. i love it! hey, what's the shade lighter than classic Tan? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review. the price is tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. blogchef: get one na! It's very affordable! :D

    sows: thanks! :D I'm not sure because I don't think we have the complete shades here. Just visit an LA colors counter. There's one in robinson's galleria :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yun, an inexpensive product who got Ms.Marthaa's attention and approval! Definitely try this one dahil sa review mo ! Thanks! Looks good nga!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! :D I saw four shades of this and bought Soft Honey, which looks similar to the one you bought except lighter. It blends well on my skin although it's a bit dark on me. Haha! I do love the texture, though. Even when used alone, it makes my skin look smoother. So thank you for recommending this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All LA Cosmetics are available at a fantastic outlet located in the underground path at Yonge/Bloor! Great Buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pls I 've been unable to get CMP312 la colors mineral but could not find it. Has the number changed? Somebody should pls help. It really suit my face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pls I 've been unable to get CMP312 la colors mineral but could not find it. Has the number changed? Somebody should pls help. It really suit my face.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)