Review: Lancome GN- Shield UV Expert BB Cream


Here's a review on Lancome GN-Shield Triple Potency BB Cream SPF 50 PA+++ (Dark shade)

PRICE: P1,995.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Lancome Greenbelt 5; Lancome counters in Rustan's


THE VERDICT:

Here's another BB cream that I like. Not because it was given to me, but because it has met my standards for a good BB Cream: Lightweight and sheer enough to be used under makeup.


This BB Cream is designed to conceal and correct skin with its 3- tier approach: Protect, Correct, Cover.

Protect: Has broad spectrum SPF 50+++ to protect skin from the sun's UVA and UVB rays.
Correct: Overtime, it brightens skin, reduces hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and fine lines.
Conceal: has light reflective pigments that cover spots and blemishes for a more youthful and radiant looking skin.

Before, this BB cream only came in one shade. Recently, they came out with a darker shade and that's what I got. Honestly, it's still too light for me, especially now that I've gotten darker. Methinks this will fit gals with NC30-NC40 skin tones. The dark shade has a good mix of yellow, pink, and olive undertones.

Consistency is semi- thick, and yields light to medium coverage. It's very pigmented too so I just apply a thin layer on my skin. If I go overboard, my face will look too white.

In spite of its shade, I still find it wearable because of its sheer coverage. You can opt to layer it on when you don't feel like wearing liquid/cream/mousse foundation on top of it. It doesn't affect the shades of my makeup as well. It gives my face this lovely dewy finish that shines through no matter how much I layer makeup on my skin. It has a light Violet scent, and dries up pretty quickly too.


Here's the BB Cream on my skin. Notice that it has evened out my skin tone and improved my skin's texture. It can cover redness, purplish veins, and minor marks, but you would need the help of a concealer for darker marks.

HOW TO APPLY: You may use a flat top stippling brush or regular foundation brush if you want medium coverage. Personally, I prefer using my fingers because I want it sheer and light. But if you need heavy coverage, use a makeup sponge and dab the BB Cream onto your skin. Let it dry fully before putting on regular makeup.


With Benefit's Hello Flawless Powder Foundation


See those highlighted parts on my face? That's the work of Lancome. It just gives my skin this healthy glow that looks very, very natural.

Staying power is okay, as I find that my face gets a bit oily after 3 hours. But I find this fault forgivable because overall, it's a good BB cream: It is weightless and sheer enough to be used under regular makeup, can be used on its own on hot summer days, and can heal skin problems with religious usage.

I will recommend it to just about anyone who loves BB creams and doesn't mind splurging on 'em. As for me, I probably won't buy this again because personally, I'm not into BB creams. But if I am, I will. :)

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. im glad you could try any bb cream on =( ako kasi afraid to try my first bb cream is Neutrogena Fine Fairness BB Cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. super glow~ ive always wanna try this product. thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't tried bb creams..medyo takot kase ako dahil sensitive ang balat ko..and this one is too pricy..pero ang ganda ng result sau.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine DacanayMay 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

    I love how natural it looks on your skin! Glowing, but not over the top. :) Though, the price is a major turn off! Try Lioele Vita BB! Maganda siya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. rhaindropz: awww.why naman dear? :)

    carizza: go ahead dear! I'm sure you'll love it. :)

    alpha: go for clinique then since you have sensitive skin :)

    Christine: I'm not really into korean bb creams because I don't have a shade match almost always :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. kasi nga dear, yung sticky feeling kapag inaapply ko sya sa muka.. remember ko nung maliit pa ko, when my Uncle's cousin applied makeup to my cousin, horrible.. sabi ko nun tuloy sa pinsan ko (it was her graduation day, grade 6 kami nun), "Sana nagpulbos ka na lang joy" hindi ko masabing, anung ginawa nila sayo.. hehehe.. trauma plus funny experience, kaya nun sabi ko ako na lang magme-makeup sa sarili ko, wag lang masira mga special moments ko hihi.. im glad that i have my first try ng BB cream, is yung Neutrogena.. parang second skin lang =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tan Martha! :) this BB cream looks nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. rhain: haha! thanks for sharing! :D

    issa: thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms.Shen loves this BB cream too. Yun nga lang, she said it makes her face oily too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. im also into BB creams because of its benefits on the skin. mine's a Shawill BB Cream.


    tnx for this review!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)