Review: Lime Crime Carousel Lipgloss in Candy Apple


Here's a review on Lime Crime Carousel Glitter Lipgloss in Candy Apple

PRICE: Got this on $12.99 sale, approximately P540.00+ (exclusive of shipping to the Philippines) Original price is $16.99, approximately P710.00+)
PLACE BOUGHT: http://limecrimemakeup.com
OTHER LOCATIONS: Lime Crime Online


THE VERDICT:

Scarlet lights, crimson glitter, whimsical dreams, and days of dewy- eyed wonder. Let your magical dreams come alive with this mystical lipgloss. Do you still recall your fantasies once upon a carousel ride?

Alright, that's too poetic for a lipgloss. I just want to say that I love Carousel rides, even up to now. And that's the reason why I bought this. :)

When it comes to cute, fancy, and utterly feminine makeups, I go for Lime Crime. FYI, product packaging greatly affects my purchasing decisions. :)


Click on the 'Read More' option and read my complete thoughts on this product!



The tube is thin, long, lightweight, and sturdy. The twirly body of the tube gives it a playful appeal.

I also love the fact that it comes with a precision nylon brush that perfectly fits the contour of your lips. I'm starting to dislike doe foot applicators in lip glosses because I've come to realize that they just absorb the product, not to mention they're harder to clean than lip brushes. I just swipe Carousel Lipgloss' lip brush on a tissue sheet before storage.


Candy Apple is described as a "Deep Ruby Red shade with Crimson Glitter". Lime Crime's Carousel Lipglosses are infused with a generous amount of glitter for a stunning shine.


Here's Candy Apple in artificial lighting. Fear not the glitters, because they don't look crazy or weird on lips at all. The good thing about these lipglosses is, the glitters' colors are the same as the lipglosses. According to Lime Crime, Carousel Lipgloss' real colors come alive in indoor lighting. Unfortunately, it didn't come off as a deep red shade on me as advertised on Lime Crime's promotional photo. On fair- skinned girls, you have higher chances of sporting Candy Apple's lovely deep ruby red shade, while on medium, tan, and dark- skinned ladies, the shade will come off as a warm, cherry red color. Nevertheless, it's still pretty.

Its consistency is semi- sticky at first, then it dries off to a lightweight, non- sticky finish. For a lipgloss, it is very pigmented. Coverage is semi- opaque, and I love the fact that it yields a natural- looking shine.


Candy Apple under natural lighting.


It surprisingly lasts longer than most lip glosses I have tried, and the color persists even if the lipgloss has completely come off. Good buy indeed!

Of course, I'd love to buy again. I have my eyes fixed on Cherry on Top and Gold Ticket. But recently, I have changed my mind because I am drooling over their Palette D' Antoinette! :p


How about you? Have you tried any of Lime Crime's products? What are your favorite/s? If not, what would you like to try from the brand? Share! :)

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. I haven't tried it - jet :)
    Love this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, how much was the shipping fee? the color's great on you!! :) I've never bought stuff online :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of my http://arrajurado.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-new-baby-carmen-rose.html

    factor tlga ung packaging... type ko ung mala-princess haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In fairness, mas maganda siya tingnan kapag malayo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. about me: hello and welcome to tbj! :D You should try it soon. :D

    alex: around $10-15, i think. :)

    arra: true! :D

    gellie: actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! This is indeed a good buy! You're good to go with this alone! Does it leave a slight stain?

    ReplyDelete
  7. red lips look good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. glitters =( it makes my lips dry =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. its amazing how a red lipstick shade compliment you. it doesnt jive with my skintone. or do i have to find for the right shade?

    any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  10. bunso: super! :)

    rhain: this one naman no. the glitters are sorta' loose. :)

    anonymous: yup it does. :)

    joy: thanks dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine DacanayMay 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM

    wow! it could pass off as a liquid lippie already. love the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've tried the Lime Crime Pink Planet and that's because of you Ms.M! hehe thanks again.
    There's one word to describe the Candy apple lipgloss, PERFECT!
    Parang 3 in one na sya, Lipstick, Lip Moisturizer and gloss! Lovely, I love how it brings glow and bloom to your face! Kung much lower pa yung price nya, I would definitely purchase this one!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)