Review: Benefit The POREfessional


Here's a review on Benefit The POREfessional

PRICE: P1,600.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Benefit Cosmetics Boutique, Greenbelt 5; Benefit Cosmetics, Rustan's, Shangri- La Mall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City


THE VERDICT:

Oh no! The tandem of skin villains are once again on the loose! Enlarged pores, gritty skin surface, sebum, fine lines, and mini bumps are wrecking havoc on the city of Faceville! Uh-oh, you're in big trouble!

This is a job for...THE POREFESSIONAL!

When those nasty facial skin problems start to show, it's time to bring out your handy superhero for a fresher, smoother, and plumper- looking skin. The POREfessional is a wonder balm that minimizes the appearance of pores upon contact. The result,: Flawless- looking skin sans airbrush and Photoshop!


Click READ MORE to know my thoughts about this product!

You gotta give it to Benefit. They come up with the nicest packaging ever! Oh, how I wish that Porefessional doll is tangible and real. It would be a lovely addition to my miniatures collection.

Anyway, it's made up of polymers and silicones. Actually, it's pretty loaded with them! If you have a history of allergenicity to products that contain these ingredients, please don't buy and use it right away just because I say that it truly is an amazing product. Always seek medical advice prior to using any product, especially if you have reactive and sensitive skin.


It comes in a lightweight tube with a twist cap cover. It's almost filled to the brim, so careful when squeezing!


Consistency is thick, and texture is absolutely smooth--almost like silicone. It's comparable to Smashbox's Photofinish primer, but I find that this one does not feel like it's covering your skin with an unbreathable blanket of silicone. It has a lovely floral scent that goes away when the primer has settled completely onto your skin. And nope, it doesn't feel hot and thick on the skin as well!

Witness how The POREfessional will banish my skin bumps in seconds!

Rar! Face bumps now have the upper hand in Faceville!


Well, not for too long face bumps! The POREfessional says: "Oh no you don't!" In as fast as 10 seconds, the product has minimized those nasty bumps!

HOW TO APPLY:

1. Start with a clean canvas.
2. Apply your usual skin care products. Let dry for a few minutes
3. Apply The POREfessional liberally with your fingers/sponge/foundation brush. Make sure every area is covered. Let it set for a minute, then start applying makeup.

Here's a part of my face with The POREfessional on. Notice that it has made my skin look smoother and healthier. In fact, it seems like I'm wearing foundation here!

A lot of people would often mistake this product as a makeup primer. Well, it could be, as it does some things that a regular makeup primer could do. But please take note that it is a PORE MINIMIZING BALM, not a face primer. I've read reviews saying that this is a great smoothing product, but not effective when it comes to keeping your makeup intact and controlling facial oil. Girls, it won't really control facial oil and make makeup last because it wasn't formulated to do such things. It is only intended to reduce the appearance of creases and dips on the skin surface.

Although I like using this on my T-Zone when it starts to oil up. It somehow gets rid of sebum, albeit it can't keep it at bay for more than 30 minutes. But still, I find it handy whenever I'm on the go, I can't find a powder room, or I'm too lazy to touch up my makeup. I take a small amount and apply it on top of makeup, particularly on oily areas. Yes, you've read it right---you can apply it on top of makeup and no ma, it won't cause your makeup to fade and cake! See how handy this product is? It lets you retouch your makeup anytime, anywhere!


FYI, The POREfessional is Benefit's best- selling product ever--on a global scale. It's so popular, that comics titan, Marvel, has immortalized the product in the character of SPYGAL, the girliest, sweetest, and most flawless heroine in comic book history!


Thanks to Benefit for giving me a copy of Spygal. This first episode is action- packed but in a girly kind of way, and the plot is well- written: simple and short, yet concise. Kudos to the creators of Spygal. I'm looking forward to the second episode!

I'm not so sure if Benefit is giving away the Spygal comics for free, but you could always ask the friendly SAs of Benefit regarding this matter.

Overall, The POREfessional is a must- own, especially if you have enlarged pores, fine lines, rough skin surface, and mini facial bumps. It magically perfects your skin in no time, lets you apply and blend foundation and powder with ease, and comes handy during emergency situations like urgent touch ups. If you want something that will make your makeup last, I would not suggest this one. But if you want to achieve that smooth and plump- looking skin, grab this!

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. wow! thanks for the review. I really need this to minimize my nasty bumps!

    http://khyutee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope there is some products relatively to this, that is more cheaper. hehe My skin need this kind of product. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish there is Sephora in Manila so I can hoard every Benefit value sets that has The POREfessional!!! For now, I have to shoulder the expensive shipping cost =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i hate so open pores.. and i have that around my nose with black heads. But to keep my pores close I always wash my face with cold water pra hindi makapasok ang bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bought a pore minimizer from goodskin labs (that's the same price as benefit's) and what it only gave me was breakouts. i don't have a sensitive skin but maybe that doesn't work for me. i'm looking for a good pore minimizing product. i also tried clinique and it somehow works on me. thanks for this review as i'm gonna also try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanna ask if this is only applicable for face? And is it really 10 seconds? That's too fast! Parang pede nang instant facial treatment if ang problem or concern mo lang naman are the pores :0) Btw, you look like Tetchie Agbayani dun sa pic mo after you enumerated the steps :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lechique: you can try Etude House's Goodbye PoreEver. :) It's only 400+ :)

    jackie: yes! that's what its supposed to do--to minimize pores in an instant. :) Haha. I always get that techie agbayani comment. :D Thanks dear! :D

    mariella: hello and welcome to the beauty junkee! :D do a patch test first before you use the product on your entire face :)

    rochelle: or you might be trapping dirt inside too. wash it with warm water first to let your pores spew out deep seated dirt then finish off with cold water to close them :)

    abby: i saw a new set in benefit containing this, erase paste, and girl meets pearl. :) please drop by and check out benefit's new sets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awt! your right.. i usually use eskinol as my cleanser

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you mean you have to appy a primer after the porefessional then apply foundation? I got a shu uemura pore eraser primer but it feels sticky... I am opting to use porefessional as my primer...
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have it on my bag now... Satisfied!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)