Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir+How to authenticate Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir bags


Hello guys! Welcome to another bag post. In here, I am going to talk about Longchamp's new Le Pliage Cuir bags.

I haven't seen any fake Cuir bags yet online. Well, there might be some already though. In case you see one, you may refer to this post for authentication. Also, know your price points. If the price is too good to be true, might I suggest that you look for another seller. For reference, this Small Short Handle Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir in Orange is 20k+.

TIP: The Cuir bags are cheaper in Duty Free! :D


As much as I love the Le Pliage line, I can't deny the fact that they are too casual for special events and occasions. Sometimes, you just look off if you're dressed to the nines and you're carrying an everyday bag such as the Le Pliage. Good thing Longchamp came up with this brilliant collection, and gave the Le Pliage bags a more "formal" look. I rarely bring clutches and small bags during events because I bring a lot of stuff with me every single day. At least this Le Pliage Cuir bag lets me bring all my essentials in style, and without the "gym bag" feel. :D

Let's go to the bag deets! Click READ MORE! :)


The brand new Cuir bag is housed in a box, and inclusive of a white dust bag with green- colored string pulls.


The code on the box contains the necessary information about the bag like the bag code, serial number, and color.


Care card of the Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir.


The size of this small short handle Le Pliage Cuir is similar to my traditional small short handle le pliage in Thistle. All Le pliage bags, regardless of style and collection, are uniform in size and length.


The front flap has a pebbled appearance, yet its texture is smooth. The jockey heat stamp stands out from all that orange goodness!


The inner flap is smooth and has no markings whatsoever.


Heat stamp at the back. The back part of the flap of your Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir should only say these!


Here's the exterior of the bag. It's made of butter soft genuine lambskin leather, hence the wrinkly appearance and semi- rough texture. It's like a cheaper version of Bottega Veneta, which is made from the same leather as well. Lambskin bags are pretty flimsy, and they can't stand upright unlike thicker leathers such as Buffalo and Cowhide. But amongst all leathers, this is perhaps the softest and lightest.


Care card says it has Cowhide trimmings. The sturdier parts of the bag which are the handles and this clasp/strap holder (or something) are made from Cowhide leather, hence the thick and sturdier feel, and grainy appearance and texture. Haha! I forgot what this holed disc is called!


This is the detachable strap, which is made from Lambskin leather. The stitching of this bag is uniform with the bag's color. It goes for all Le Pliage Cuir bags.


The automatic clasp is made from polished silver stainless steel.


Here's the zipper. Unfortunately, it has that non- removable tarnish when I got it. That's why I prefer French- made Longchamp bags because of their impeccable craftsmanship. Anyway, the zipper's color is like steel gray or dark silver.


The interior of the bag is covered with this lightweight material with the Longchamp and jockey logos printed all over. The material feels like the ones used in Le Sportsac bags. It can be cleaned easily too, although it feels "cheap" to me.


And here's the leather tag containing the Longchamp logo+country of origin heat stamps. FYI, all Le Pliage Cuir bags are currently manufactured in Tunisia. So if you see one and it says Made In China or France, na-ah. They're fake. But hey, if the demand for these bags increases, Longchamp will probably outsource the manufacturing from Tunisia to China. But of course, the brand will release an official announcement for that. In the meantime, all authentic Le Pliage Cuir bags are made in Tunisia.

I forgot to take a pic of the other tag. It's located at the back of this leather tag, and is similar to the clear tags found in traditional Le Pliage bags. The clear tag of this bag contains the bag's Serial number and bag code.


The polished stainless steel zipper inside the bag's huge pocket. The bag has three compartments inside: one with a zipper lining, and two open pockets. The zipper lining of this particular bag is in a caramel brown color.

Oh yah, I forgot to take a pic of the bag's main zipper lining. It's thicker than that of the traditional Le Pliage, and color is silver.


What I love most about this bag is that it can go from day to night. During daytime, I attach the detachable strap so I could free my hands from the bag and move around freely whenever I'm walking or doing stuff.


Come night time, I detach the straps and voila! It's now a lovely wrist/hand carry bag that's apt for night time occasions. Sometimes, I just leave the detachable strap dangling from the bag because it gives it that cute touch and "functional" appeal.


And the best feature of these Le Pliage Cuir bags? You can fold 'em up just like the traditional Le Pliage bags! It's very travel- friendly, lightweight, and doesn't eat up too much space in your closet.

I'm so glad Longchamp came out with these bags. For me, it really has the best mix of of functionality and class. It comes in 5 other colors: tan, fuchsia, Navy Blue, Black, and Mint Green. I'm lemming for the Mint Green one! :)

Post a Comment

32 Comments

  1. love your collection po, nice ang orange, it looks fresh and it pops on your beautiful skintone, may i ask po where to buy authentic longchamp po online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the orange, dear. it is really a scene stealer. :)

    thanks for this post -- this is really helpful for buyers. :) it is really tempting to buy bags that are "original DAW" pero at a discounted price, kaya sobrang cheap nya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the orange looks so alive and catchy in the eye...but yeah, i prefer the mint green too. love it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous: hi there! thanks for the compliment. as for the legit longchamp seller, google up bubbletoes bags or longchamp de manilla. they sell authentic longchamp bags :)

    purple clandestine: mint green one is so lovely. it's so vintage!

    ica: thanks for sharing dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange one looks gorgeous on you! I can imagine you carrying that around... so pretty!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have 4 long champ bags na Ms.Martha?? Dumadami na sila! Pero I love the orange one! Looks so fresh and chic to me! :) Thanks for the tips, thou di ko pa sila magagamit today, maybe in near future kapag yumaman na ako. hehehe just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aside to Balenciaga bag.. this long champ is I've been dreaming off since it came out to the market.. I wish I have these. Now, I am using Kimbel, Parisian, and they are OK nman and only thing is very affordable. I hate buying things to green hills.. I maybe labeled as blind if i'll go there.. because i can't help to shop for bags.. Bags is truly my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your orange goodness bag :).I really love the color.Thanks for the info,at least now we are more careful in buying Longchamp-le-pliage-cuir bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this review! :) Wish to have that bag too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. angela: thanks dear!

    marlene: you're welcome :)

    lechqiue: welcome! :)

    jenny: hmmm...I have 8 all in all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I am tempted to buying Long Champ coz I find them spacious and it's just exactly what I need. But the problem is, there are lots of fake Long Champ sold everywhere. Sometimes kasi, local manufacturers are still able to mimic pati mga engraved but I guess, with your sharing, I would be able to buy one...in the near future. once the budget is right. lols

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir bags are made in Tunisia, in China and in France. I don't think it's accurate to say that if it's made in China or in France, then it's fake. And for the current season, there are 8 colors. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    I just bought the large Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir in black from a large department store in UK, Selfridges, and my bag states its made in China. I doubt this is a fake, as it was sold from this respected department store.
    Just wanted to clarify, are there any that are made in France and is this only limited to the Longchamp official online store or their stores in France?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in the Longchamp shop in Zurich looking at the Le Pilage Cuir i nthe basic colours (red and black).

    The first batch I understand is made in France.. I picked up the red version in small size and it is made in France.
    I was looking at the black colour version of the small Le Pilage Cuir in the shop and it stated that it is made in China..

    Maybe they make different batches in various countries.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi, i just both a le pliage in rustan's but when i got home, i noticed small tarnish spots on the leather handle. Is this ok? Do m0st authentic lc's have these? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got mine in Navy Medium with strap..
    it's made in China! :( I hope mine is made in France......
    Nevertheless, it's a great bag tho!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You said "Made in France" is fake... nah, you're wrong. If you get the ones from e.g. Longchamp offical boutique in London's Bond street for example, they all says "Made in France". I just got one today for 345£

    ReplyDelete
  18. unfortunately Longchamp Took the "Dive" too Profit over Quality, I own a quality Leather Goods Repair facility there is no comparison with the French VS China products even the leather is different after repairing these bags over the years you become somewhat accustomed to the "feel" of the bag, it is so bad that the China bags in the interiors where the bag is stitched together they no longer stitch the bag then double stitch the binding to finish it off, they stitch the bag together from the various pieces using the binding 1 stitch VS 2 = saves labor and thread The metal work is really bad the Prym snaps on the flaps pop off most of the time even on brand new bags. There are also quality issues with the #4 metallic YKK zippers they have started using they fall apart and metal teeth wear out the slider mechanism resulting in splitting zippers
    Demand the made in France stuff, the Outsource company that makes your Longchamp in China also makes thousands of other branded bags it is very obvious quality cannot be the same

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mam can you help me authenticate my bag?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Thanks for your very informative post! I just bought a 2nd hand LC Cuir bag. Seems authentic with all the physical details. But, can you comment on the smell of the leather? I was disappointed bec. the bag smelled "synthetic"/similar to the smell of polyurethane bags. :((

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Thanks for your very informative post! I just bought a 2nd hand LC Cuir bag. Seems authentic with all the physical details. But, can you comment on the smell of the leather? I was disappointed bec. the bag smelled "synthetic"/similar to the smell of polyurethane bags. :((

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've got my first cuir in rouge, and I feel that the front leather below the flap is a little bit rough, is that what you mean by semi-rough leather?

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi. My husband got me a Le Pliage Cuir bag from Longchamp boutique in Paragon, Singapore. I am 100% sure it is not fake. It is in fact made in France.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bought mine in LC boutique at Galeries Lafayette Paris and they sell ones with Made in China!. Price was €370 for Medium and €390 for large. I couldn't help myself to curious whether mine has lower quality with the ones that made in Tunisia or not.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was supposed to get a Cuir recently but ended up getting a Neo instead! Lovely bag you got here I'm in love! Maybe next time I'd get a Cuir as well.

    http://ofdreamsandthings.com

    ReplyDelete

  26. Like this one, I now want to buy a Handbag, buy-longchamp liked, but I do not know that a good pick , you help to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Sorry to say I have 3 medium LC Cuir bags red orange and blue. Which were all purchased in the LC shop in London and they are all made in France. none of them are made in Tunisa or even China. I would never buy a bag made in China as you can be sure that the quality will never be as good.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi,
    I have 3 medium LC cuirs Red, Orange and Blue. All purchased at various times from LC shop in London. None of them are made in Tunisa they are all made in France. I assure you all my bags are authentic. I would be very dubious purchasing one that is made in Tunisa or even worse china as I don't believe the quality would be as good or most likely a fake. I would suggest if you are going to buy a LC just go too the LC shop. Why have the worry that you have spent good money on a FAKE.

    ReplyDelete
  29. When Longchamp made this style in 2012, some were already made in France. Countries that make these are Tunisia, Morocco, China, France. Also, as of this year, many fakes have already been improved so it's harder to spot a fake, unless you know which colors have been released by Longchamp since this style was released in 2012. For authentication needs, I suggest you visit purseforum and search authenticate this longchamp. Members who own many Longchamp bags can help you spot a fake.

    ReplyDelete
  30. 60% of their products are made in france. I love that they are transparent on where they make their products. it's still the same quality even if it's made in Tunisia, morocco, china, Mauritius, and romania . so this person stated incorrectly "fake if it's made" Remember Longchamp is a manufacturer they own their own ateliers so their products will always be good. that is much different from designers who send drawings to a factory to make their products, Longchamp is a leather manufacture and the country of france ackowledges this by the comite colbert where hermes and vuitton are also a part of.
    great post BUT please don't give false information

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just a quick question... Does the inner flap (of the authentic le.pliage cuir) have a heat stamp of the jockey or it is just plain smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi! Does the authentic cuir have a heat stamp of the jockey in its inner flap??? Or it is just plain smooth

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)