Review: Caron Fleur De Rocaille EDT


Here's a review on Caron Fleur De Rocaille EDT

PRICE: Around P5,000.00++
PLACE BOUGHT: Dubai
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Parfums Caron Website

When it comes to high perfumery, the French knows best indeed. After all, Paris has a long and rich history of perfumery, and it is home to some of the finest perfume houses in the world. The country of Grasse is also one of the world's leading sources of fine Centifolia roses used in some iconic fragrances such as Chanel N5.

Speaking of high perfumery, CARON, one of France's pioneer perfume houses remains one of the bests in the art.


Photo Credits: getlippie.blogspot.com

In 1904, Caron's first boutique was built on one of the most fashionable avenues in Paris, Rue De Paix. Today, the 100- year old boutique still stands on its location, and is also considered as one of the landmarks in the area.


Photo Credits: getlippie.blogspot.com

Caron has been known worldwide for their 'Fountain Perfumes': golden and fragrant elixirs distilled in Baccarat crystal bottles to retain the pureness of each fragrance. At the Caron boutique, every customer is transported to an era where perfume is considered as one of the greatest luxuries--When ready to purchase, the preferred perfume is transferred from the crystal fountains to a bottle, and then sealed with a golden stopper and crystal cap. Truly, this gesture does not only make perfume buying an activity, but a worthwhile experience as well.


Click READ MORE to know my thoughts about this product


I have this uncanny obsession about "granny" perfumes. I don't know. Perhaps it complements my personality? Well, let's just say I love vintage stuff, (for the nth time) and luxury buying is one of my sicknesses. LOL! Kidding aside, my mom has probably rubbed off this kind of love on me. Because I grew up using her Givenchy Le De, Amour by Jean Patou, Prescriptives Calyx, (one of the world's finest) etc. So I therefore conclude, this love is more of an acquired taste.

Anyway, here's an interesting fact about the brand: Caron's founder, Ernest Daltroff, is a lover of Roses, that's why all of Caron's perfumes have a "Rosy" appeal. When I read that fact, it's as if I've found my perfume soulmate. If you're an avid reader of my blog, you'll probably recall that I have said in one of my posts that my picky nose can't find a wearable Rose- laden perfume nowadays. And it's a sad reality, especially for someone who's a die hard Rose fan like me.

Well, I haven't been looking hard enough because apparently, there is: Fleurs De Rocaille.

Created in 1934, Fleurs De Rocaille is one of the signature and legendary perfumes that built the name of Caron. It is an accord of Lily of the Valley, Violet, Rose, Musk, and Amber.



Fleur de Rocaille means 'Rock Garden' in French. Why is the fragrance named as such? It is because the fragrance is apparently inspired by the spirit of a woman: As delicate as a flower, yet as strong as a rock. Everytime I get a whiff of FDR, it's as if a very, very beautiful, charming, yet mysterious woman has passed my way. I don't know who she is, and I am interested to know her.

As with opulent perfumes, I find that Fleurs De Rocaille wears closely to my skin in spite of its high sillage. It smells like a bouquet of flowers on me, and dries down to a warm and creamy rose scent. It is best worn during night time. But as the days grow colder, I also see myself wearing this even during daytime.

I could say that it's a bit superior to Chanel N5, as N5 is too aldehydic for my liking. Don't get me wrong, Chanel N5 is lovely, but I just prefer Fleurs De Rocaille more---It's warm without being strong, opulent yet gentle, and classy without being pretentious.

Oh yes I will buy this again.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. What a timing! I'm searching french names for my shop using google translate and typed "blossom", fleur ang lumabas. :| it's hard to partner the word fleur with something unique.. anyway, I admire your writing when it comes to describing perfume scents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy yung bottle ng Perfume. I'm not familiar with the brand pero sa price pa lang and sa description mo I know this smells divine sa mga perfume collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the perfume store (in the pic) is like heaven! I especially love the perfume bottles in different sizes and shapes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. level up tong prefume na to.. I haven't hear it yet (the brand) but look so classy and branded..

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)