Review: Dolly Wink Volume Mascara


Here's a review on Koji Dolly Wink Volume Mascara in Black

PRICE: Around 120+HKD (Approximately P700.00+)
PLACE BOUGHT: Sasa, Nathan Road, Hong Kong
OTHER LOCATIONS: Saw a couple of local online sellers selling this product


THE VERDICT:

So here's my take on this famed mascara. I've been hearing a lot about how wonderful this product is, but never really considered pre- ordering online because the waiting period is a bit hellish for me. Glad I saw it in my Hong Kong trip!


Is it just me or she looks EXACTLY like Tricia Gosingtian?

So who's the poster girl behind the Dolly Wink merchandise? She's Tsubasa Masuwaka, a Gyaru icon slash Japanese model slash occasional singer slash entrepreneur slash wife, mom, and homemaker. Tsubasa does not own the Dolly Wink line, as it is under Koji. But the Gyaru superstar owns Candy Doll, another doll and fairytale- inspired makeup line based in Japan.

Anyway.


As the name implies, Dolly Wink does give you doll- like lashes. Click READ MORE and see how it fared on me!


It comes with a traditional wand packed with natural hair fibers. The tapered end is meant to apply mascara on the innermost and outermost lashes, the parts where a conventional mascara wand can't usually reach. I don't really like using the tip as I find that it's nearly impossible to use it without creating clumps on your lashes. The tip accumulates too much gunk.

So will it make me look like a doll?


Bare lashes


First coat


Second coat

Whoops! Gotta stop at the second application because I'm already satisfied!


Oooohh. Dolly lashes! Now where's my wig and pair of big contact lens?!

Massive volume, outstanding length, and all- day curl. This mascara really does it for me. It has everything I want! It doesn't smudge and flake because formula is waterproof. It might take a bit of effort to remove though but nonetheless, it is still an awesome product!

Truly, Tsubasa knew exactly what "Dolly Eyes" meant. It's such a great buy, and I recommend it in spite of its anime cheesiness and incomprehensible descriptions. We're always after the product, right? :)

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. Wow! Dolly lashes nga sis :) I'm just torn between this mascara and lash expander or lash king. Ang hirap mag choose :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I want to try this, but it's so expensive for a mascara lol (online to Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Tricia loves Tsubasa! I wish Dolly Wink was readily available in the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so that was what the famed dolly wink mascara looks like.. it's so cute! and it's packaging design is similar to saizen's mascaras... except fot the performance, the ones in saizen are lengthening but htey weigh down my lashes unlike this baby.. :) thanks for sharing this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a MOM?! These Japanese! They look decades younger than their age. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ganda,parang nakafalse lashes... :( sana ma-afford ko yan. in God's time hahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing product! Really! Vavavoom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh!!! I love mascara! It's one of my favorite makeup items! But it was only recently that I started reuniting with them... ^__^

    I love how it transformed your lashes! Dolly nga!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzer! Dolly eyes nga talaga. Cool mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!it really makes you eyelashes like an eyelashes of a doll! Love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you could try this out soon girls! :D

    Anna: it's not available in Canada? We have resellers here in the Philippines, but their prices are way too expensive, almost ridiculous already!

    aviva: yes! was surprised to know that she's already a mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope I can try this too. But it is too expensive. I'm currently loving maybelline mascaras because they are inexpensive and readily available.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hazel: hi there! Maybelline is also great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)