Review: MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe


Here's a review on MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe

PRICE: P900.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC stores in: Powerplant Mall; Rustan's Shangri-La Mall; SM Mall of Asia; Eastwood Grand Mall; Trinoma, Ayala Center Cebu; Glorietta 2 Makati



THE VERDICT:

Sometimes, I feel lazy doing my makeup most especially when I have to go out, but I don’t feel like going out. (Do you sometimes feel this too?)

But no matter how lazy I am, I still make it a point to keep my beauty arches looking polished and pretty. So in moments like this, I turn to M.A.C’s Impeccable brow pencil to give me million dollar brows with minimal effort.


The pen is very friendly to my grip, and compact overall. However, I wish it had a spoolie attached on the other end so I don’t have to grab a separate one anymore. (See? That’s how lazy I can get sometimes!)

Taupe is a grayish brown shade. It’s also the most popular shade of this product.


Like what I've written, this product only requires minimal effort from your end because it’s quite nifty: On this swatch, I’ve used a heavy hand but notice that its color payoff is still semi-transparent. The pencil has a semi- soft texture and it doesn't transfer too much wax or melt onto your brows. It has good staying power yet so easy to remove, and doesn’t leave your brows sticky. (which is the case with some soft brow pencils)

HOW I USE M.A.C’S Impeccable Brow Pencil



STEP 1: With a light hand, I map my brows first to define its shape and so I would know which part to fill in.



STEP 2: I color the mapped area using hair- like, outward strokes. Finally, I use a spoolie to distribute the product to the entire brow area and to comb hair strands into place. On industrious days, I set it with Majolica Majorca's Lash and Brow colorist to give it a reddish tint so that it could match my hair color.

Flash review: It extends brows naturally!


Taupe is a more subtle shade than black and I recommend it to girls with dark hair color. I think it will also fit any skin tone. It's also best for girls with bushy brows because coverage is not overpowering.

With this product I can achieve impeccable brows even if I’m plain lazy or if I’m in a hurry. There’s only one con I can think about it and that’s the price. Well, it has always been our issue with high-end brands! Lol. Honestly, it’s expensive for an eyebrow pencil but if you don’t mind paying for quality, then I would recommend this.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Wow, taupe for brows.. I usually use brown and black together when I'm doing my brows just to match my hair color.. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use brown for my brows and sometimes parang hindi masyado nakikita. Ngayon lang ako nakakita ng brow pencil na Taupe. Ganyan pala yung color. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you fill your brows!! by the way, I'm hosting a giveaway now on my blog and would appreciate it so much if you or some of your avid readers would come and join!! thanks!! :))

    http://www.everythingetcetera.com/beauty-giveaway-my-birthday-thank-you/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very nice product however, it is too steep for me, hihi....

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really nice:)

    http://itsgailcoronel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls! :) Thanks for your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still learning your way of filling brows. Struggle ako every morning. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)