Review: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink 05 and Peach Satin 20


Here's a review on Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink 05 and Peach Satin 20

Price: P429.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in all leading department stores and drugstores

THE VERDICT:

I was munching on a donut to cap off lunch while thinking of a beauty product to review today. Actually, I had a 'soft' kind of lunch an hour and 30 minutes ago: Meatloaf, whole grain bread, and a donut. I thought of reviewing a beauty product that's related to the yummy meal I just had and Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush popped in my head. Oh gosh, now I hope I won't start associating blog inspiration with food! :p

MAYBELLINE DREAM BOUNCY BLUSH IN DETAIL

Maybelline marries the soothing texture of cream and the ease of powder in these marshmallow-y, Play doh- like blushes that feel so nice. It's the softest cream blush I have ever encountered and sometimes, I just like pressing on it to entertain myself haha! :D

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake].

Click READ MORE for a cream blush that you can apply on top of powder!


The Dream Bouncy Blush shades I have are Fresh Pink 05 and Peach Satin 20. Fresh Pink is a powdery pink shade with faint silver shimmer, while Peach Satin is a Peach borderline Coral shade with faint gold shimmer. 

The bouncy texture is not just for cuteness-it cleverly allows you to apply the blush on your cheeks (through a patting motion) without erasing layers of powder, foundation, and concealer. You can also swipe it on your skin if you wish. It's unscented, texture is very soft and spreadable, highly blendable, pigmentation is medium, not draggy, non-sticky, and has a cream to powder finish, hence you can apply it on top of powder without ruining its coverage (traditional cream blushes have to be applied prior to any base makeup), although it has a tendency to cake on its own and feel heavy so my advice is don't put a lot and make sure that you allow each layer to sink into the skin before applying another one. It settles pretty quickly, although I still set it with powder because my cheeks tend to get oily and it still has some creaminess to it.

WORK IT: Using your deftest finger, swirl it on the blush, and pat on your cheeks until it settles and until you get rid of chunks, or swipe on your cheeks gently and lightly until it blends into your skin. Best applied using fingers.

MAYBELLINE DREAM BOUNCY BLUSH IN ACTION

Two layers of Fresh Pink 05

Fresh Pink is too light for my skin tone and just serves as a highlighter rather than a blush. This color will definitely stand out on alabaster to fair complexions.

Two layers of Peach Satin 20

Ah, that's more like it. This shade gives me a faint, summery glow.

Wear time is okay-lasts for around 5 hours without fading if you set it with a layer of powder, and gradually fades after that. Others said that it can last long on its own, but nah, from my experience, it doesn't and it's gone in just 2 hours--I guess this is the case for those with normal skin, but for oily peeps like me, a dash of powder will seal the deal.

This is a good everyday product that will give you a youthful pop of color, but not something to rely on if you want a bold- looking blush. I also wish that we have the plum, berry, and wine shades as I find our local selection too peachy and pinkish. What I like about it is the convenience it brings, which traditional cream blushes lack-it saves me time from using cream blush tools and layering and fixing it unlike the latter. Best suits those with moderately oily, normal-oily skin, normal skin, and even dry skin. Oh, the fun texture is a plus too.

MAYBELLINE DREAM BOUNCY BLUSH RATING


Please visit MAYBELLINE PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Vote for The Beauty Junkee in Style Bible's Virtual Style Awards! You can vote 10 times per day! Thank you! :D

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. I hope this goes on sale because I'll really be only getting it for the "bouncy" qualities :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peach color is really pretty! I wondernif they will release more shades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the everyday natural look <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for a new everyday blush coz my elf studio blush looks too high-def! I think fresh pink will suit me. thanks for this :))

    Angel


    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)