Gas Up and Shop with Shell and SM Advantage Card
For the last 5 years, our cars only use gasoline from Shell because we always get the bang for our buck. Are you familiar with their FuelSave gas? 'Tis no joke! If I buy P500.00 gas today for my 1.8 car, that's good enough to take me around the metro back to my house including traffic for about 1 1/2 days, not to mention my car runs smoothly on it. I guess you're wondering how the heck one can know the difference between good and bad gasoline, but if you're a driver, you will understand.
On top of that, Shell's got so many promos and tie-ups that make every purchase rewarding. They had the free-1.5-Coke-for-every-P500.00-purchase, free P50.00 SM GC for every P2,000.00 (V-Power) or P2,500.00 (V-Power+FuelSave) gas purchase, and last September 1, 2013, they launched this:
When you gas up at any 1000 participating Shell stations, you can earn points in your SM Advantage Card. Points can be used to pay for your purchases in various SM stores and SM partner stores nationwide. This is definitely a good deal for shopaholics like me. :D
More about this partnership plus important faqs after the break!
My trusty Shell station along Northbound C5, Taguig City. I'm pretty much a local here! :D
At Shell, we always find unique ways to give our customers excellent experience every time they visit the station...We want to reward the loyalty and support of our customers, and we believe partnering with the largest retail group, SM, to gain points for customers' shopping needs, is the perfect way to do this."
-Oying Yam, Vice President For Retail, Pilipinas Shell
How does this reward system work?
- For every transaction worth P250.00, you can earn 1 point in your SM Advantage Card.
Any other ways to earn points aside from purchasing gas?
- You can also earn points by purchasing items from Select stores or having your vehicle serviced at Shell Helix Service Centers or Shell Helix Oil Change+ just as long as you meet the minimum amount of purchase.
What are the other SM rewards cards I can use to get my points?
- Aside from SM Advantage Card, you can use SM Prestige and BDO Rewards Cards.
Where can I use the points I earned?
- You can use your points in all SM stores, SM Hypermart, partner stores such as Ace, Kultura, and Watson's, and partner hotel and travel establishments.
Are the points convertible to cash?
- Points are good as cash, but no, you can't redeem them as cash.
Can I use my points to purchase gas?
- At present, you can only use your points to shop for your clothes, grocery, makeup, toiletries, and home essentials in all SM stores and partner establishments.
Do the points have an expiry date?
- No, but please contact SM or Shell for further details.
Until when is the partnership?
- This is a permanent offer.
I've used my BDO Emerald Rewards Card to get my points-been saving my points in there for a long time now, and Christmas was the perfect excuse to use 'em all up. Check out the things I purchased using the points I got:
Majolica Majorca and ZA Cosmetics brow and lash products, as requested by my friends, and I got backups of my favorite nose pore strips by Watsons. :)
Finally, I got a pair of Sperry Topsiders for my mother. I got it on sale too! ;)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.