In: FASHION FILES
Fashion Trends to leave in 2015 + Fashion Trends to Wear in 2016
2016, methinks, is going to be a practical (and androgynous) year for fashion; finally, people have realized that practical clothes=productive individuals! This year, based on runway reports and trends, we're going to see more of comfy-chic outfits, minimalist, versatile accessories, and the good ol' rubber shoes will continue to rise to stardom. I think this is the year that my closet will go in style LOL!
So which fashion trends should stay in 2015 and which alternatives should you go for in 2016? Here's a quick list that I made:
Left: pinterest.com; Right: popsugar.com
BYE: Plaid on Waist
HI: Plaid all over
- Plaid is a great article of clothing for laid-back days, but I think the 'plaid on waist' trend has seen its better days already; in fact, I think it has seen its better days way back in the 90s so I don't understand why somebody brought it back. Plaid, when worn as an overall (or even as separates), is a great way to revive this clothing without looking too relaxed and informal so take it off your waist and start putting it on your body.
Left: amicable.com; Right: missguided.uk
BYE: Revealing Tops
HI: Conservative Tops
- Because 'wrapped' is the new crop top. I tried my best to love crop tops, but the #TitasOfManila in me is really protesting against it and besides, I find it sexy when women leave a bit of mystery, thus I was sooo happy when Turtlenecks and 'wrapped bodies' fashion started becoming more prominent at the latter part of 2015; I'd love to see this trend last until the end of the year!
Left: reginelle.ro; Right: parischerie.com
BYE: Blazer + Shorts
HI: Blazer + Pants
- When the Blazer + Shorts combo became popular, I wasn't really sure how to respond to it, especially when some people wore it to formal events and-oh my lord-meetings. I get it, shorts are comfy, but it's a very casual article of clothing and topping it with a crisp blazer won't change that fact and won't make it formal. Pants is a great alternative because it's quite formal (depending on the material you choose), versatile, and yes, it's as comfy as your favorite short/skort; Blazer + Pants is a practical yet chic outfit choice for this year and beyond!
Left: Pinterest.com; Right: highsnobiety.com
BYE: Rubber-Wood-Leather Platforms
HI: Rubber Shoes
- In 2015, Rubber-Wood-Leather shoes became popular, but I thought it was a confused footwear, not to mention too heavy and chunky; besides, it's not functional. Rubber Shoes is the way to go for 2016 because of its functionality; go for Superstars, Stan Smiths, or Cortezes and be minimalist chic!
Left: bgfashion.net; Right: farfetch.com
BYE: Cartoon Slings
HI: Minimalist Slings
HI: Minimalist Slings
- Do you recall those fastfood box- inspired sling bags that came out in 2015? I agree they were cute, but I disagree at the price they're asking people to pay for a funny bag. Aside from being hardly useful, these bags are also eye- catching, making you an easy target for crooks. Leave the cartoon slings to your baby sister and opt for a solid, classic sling; I read that Half Moon bags will be big this 2016!
Which fashion trends would you like to leave in 2015 and which new ones would you like to try in 2016?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.