In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Teens, This is how to look your age with makeup
Happy Friday, everyone! Just got reports that this particular post did not load properly today; in fact, it did not load at all! Reposting it again for everyone today. Our FMF for today is from Angelica Louise who's asking advise on how to look like a teen (herself!) when wearing makeup:
Summer is getting near in the Philippines and I want to have that natural look. I saw some makeup tips, but seems like those would make me a cakey- ish 16-year old. How could I show my young spirit with my makeup?
P.S. I want to cover those eye bags too!
Photo Credit: youtube.com
Thanks for writing to me. Glad you're enjoying my blog. :)
I wrote about Makeup For Teens before (and I posted the link at the end of this post), but here are rules to live by when it comes to teenage makeup. These rules don't apply only to Summer, but year- round as well.
- It is no secret that Pink makes the skin look fresh, healthy, and young; stick to Pink shades for the cheeks and lips; choose baby, candy, and light pinks, but stay away from warm, rosy, and neon pinks as these are either for the mature market or costume parties.
2. JUST CURL IT
- Applying mascara can make you look too made up so just curl your lashes and apply a clear mascara; should you want to wear mascara, stick to brown because it will complement your young features.
3. WEAR LIPSTICKS LIGHT COLORS IN DEWY FINISHES
- Keep your lips looking dewy and wear colors that just imitate or enhance the natural color of your lips; because dewiness is a sign of youth.
4. STICK TO LIGHT EYESHADOWS
- If you want to wear eyeshadows, skip the deep, dark crease colors and just wash your lids with a light touch of color; if you want to sport the deep crease look, opt for colors such as purple, green, and blue (and make sure they match your skin tone!).
5. KEEP YOUR COMPLEXION FRESH
- Don't pile on too much makeup. At a young age, I'm sure you won't need too much makeup so let your young skin shine through. Choose pressed powders (powder foundation if you need heavy coverage), BB Creams, and for your eye bags, opt for neutral concealers in liquid form because these are the easiest to blend and the most natural- looking. If you are predisposed to problematic skin, prioritize skin care, not makeup!
6. HAVE FUN WITH EYELINER!
- Black eyeliner can give you a strong, overly dramatic look, ergo old. 16 is the time when you can get away with crayon- colored eyeliners so have fun with it (but don't go overboard!). If you want a neutral color, brown is your best bet.
Don't know how to come up with your starter makeup kit? Click HERE for Makeup For Teens!
Have a restful weekend!
**Got a burning question on makeup, skin, skin care, beauty, exercise, career, love, or whatever? Just message me via POWR form, email me at email@example.com, or send me a message via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S OFFICIAL FAN PAGE.
STAY TUNED: I'm announcing the deets of TBJ Turns 7 Thanksgiving MEGA Party. Who wants in? Be sure to visit my blog on March 28, 2016 for the full deets!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.