In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Things I Wish I knew Before I Started Beauty Blogging
Yesterday, a friend told me that I've been blogging for so long that I qualify to be a Blog mentor/teacher already; sounds like a good idea, but it's not in the pipeline yet; who knows? I might just teach one day when Blogging is finally professionalized.
Anyway, our FMF for today is from Fritz and she asks:
Just curious, what are the things you wish you knew before you started Blogging?
Thanks for the question! Hmmm...I sure have a lot of things I wish I knew before I journeyed into Blogging, but no regrets; they molded me and brought me to where I am now, and I learned a lot from them! For the sake of answering your question, here they are and knowing these today help me in a lot of ways everyday.
1. That I don't have to buy every single product my readers request me to review.
- I used to buy every single product request that my readers would ask me to review; I wasted a lot of money and at the same time, endured a lot of breakouts; there was no one to blame but myself because I did not realize that at the end of the day, I could always say no and only buy the ones that I am equally interested in.
2. That I don't have to attend every single event that comes my way.
- In relation to number one, I've learned that it's okay if I don't attend every single event that I am invited to; people will understand that I'm busy and I have personal matters to attend to, just like them; that's just how it is!
3. That I should have bought a domain early on.
- I've recently found out that if you're under blogspot or currently using .blogspot.com as your domain, the website has the right to all of your content and if they shut down or change something and your content will be affected, you have no choice but to yield. That doesn't sound right so I attempted to migrate my content by buying my own domain, but chickened out when I learned that I have to pay so much for the domain and traffic; this is not in the pipeline so I'll just make it one of my future blog plans!
4. That I don't have to try every single product sent to me
- Every single product I get deserves to get featured, but it doesn't mean that they every single one of them should touch my face; it's a way for me to preserve my skin's good condition and to dodge possible breakouts!
That's all! BRB, going to explore Japan today!
**Got a burning question on makeup, skin care, cosmetics, diet, exercise, fitness, career, blogging, or anything under the sun? Message me via POWR form, email me at email@example.com, or send me a message via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE on Facebook.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.