Jessup Professional Eye Brushes T131 Review: A happy purchase! + Youtube video

Jessup Eye Brushes T131 Black//Silver review.

PRICE: P1,800.00
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at aliexpress.com; suesh.com; through online sellers

THE VERDICT:

To anyone who's into eyeshadows, you can all relate to my struggle where I always run out of clean eye brushes to finish an eye makeup look; this is especially true if I am using colorful eyeshadows!

I have been hearing about the famed Jessup brushes and even some of you guys have been asking me to review it. Finally, I got the chance to research more about the brush brand and learned that it's touted as good as Sigma, but significantly cheaper. I ended up getting T131 eye brush set; glad I did because this affordable brush brand has really good brushes and I am so loving the eye brush sets!

Jessup is a Hong Kong- born cosmetics brand that started out in 2013. The first time I visited their website, I was overwhelmed and at the same time, impressed at their brush set portfolio; from colorful, trendy designs to classics, you will find one at Jessup; it's the brand with the biggest and most diverse brush set selection I have encountered. Aside from brush sets, Jessup offers individual brushes too plus cosmetic bags as storage for the brushes.

I have discovered that Suesh carries Jessup brushes so I ordered mine from them. I've heard that there are knockoffs around the Internet so to be safe, I got mine from a reputable store; a lot said that Aliexpress.com is a good place to get these brushes as well. Suesh's delivery was pretty fast and the package was secured properly. My brush set came in a plastic pouch sandwiched in between two foams; not the most impressive packaging, but hey, this set of 19 is very affordable; it's like each brush is only a little below P100.

I had my mind fixed on a set of eye brushes the moment I decided I will purchase Jessup brushes. I got T131 Professional Eye Brush set Black/Silver. I was pretty impressed with the variety of eye brushes T131 has so I went for it in a heartbeat.

The brushes included in this set are:

1. 212 Flat Definer- for tightlining; application of straight lines; precise concealer application
2. 266 Angled Brow- for brow shaping and shading
3. 252 Eye Shading- for shading with powder or emollient powders
4. 217 Blending- for blending eyeshadow; good dupe for MAC 217, although this is slightly bigger, but shape is the same!
5. 239 Eye Shader- for building intense color; bigger coverage
6. 209 Eyeliner- for creating precise eye liner; for use on cream or liquid
7. 194 Concealer- for applying and blending concealer
8. 316 Lip- for lipstick application
9. 231 Small Shader- for highlighting the inner eye
10. 234 Blends Shadow- for blurring/blending harsh lines
11. 275 Medium Angled Shading- for creating creases; contouring
12. 219 Pencil- for creating precise lines; for precise shading
13. 222 Small Tapered Blending- for controlled blending
14. 214 Short Shader- can be used for applying color on lower lash line; for smudging color
15. 201 Domed Blend- for applying and blending intense color
16. 109 Blend Contour- for applying powder/contour face products
17. 088 Accuracy Flat Angled- for defining creases on bigger eyes; for applying powder products on facial planes
18. 137 Tapered Highlighter- for highlighting the under eyes and other contours of the face
19. 224 Tapered Blending- for blending shadow on outer corners of the eye

First off, I love the variety and the fact that there even if there are similar brushes, they each vary in shape and density, thus serving their own purpose. Best of all, there is an abundance of blending brushes, which are my most favorite brushes because I think they are the most useful!

The brushes feel very sturdy, some are soft, and they don't feel cheap at all. I did the tug test on them and nope, no fall out with the brushes. I also like that the names and usage of the brushes are printed on the handles. However, I don't think these are completely cruelty- free though as most of the brushes look like they're made from natural hair, but Jessup has pure synthetic sets.

Close up of the brush: some of the brushes look a little frizzy; that's the downside of the packaging though; some of the brushes get deformed. In general, the brushes are okay and in pretty good shape.

I also noticed that the defining brushes e.g. eyeliner, tapered liner, and angled brow brushes have a slightly thicker width than average; it's not the best option when creating precise lines so I use my other, slimmer brushes to map some areas.

I put the brushes to the test. They work just fine!

Having 19 eye brushes has helped me create this clean, precise winged eyeshadow look; no more problems with running out of eye brushes or accidentally mixing colors!

I'm very happy with this purchase because it's affordable and I love, love, love the variety! I highly recommend it as a starter brush set for beginner makeup artists and those who love eye makeup. If you're a newbie though, this set may be confusing. Overall, I love it and I recommend it!

Check out my Youtube video on the brushes; I tried it in a makeup tutorial and explained the uses of each brush:

Have you tried Jessup brushes already? What do you recommend?

JESSUP EYE MAKEUP BRUSHES T131 RATING

Post a Comment

2 Comments

1. I can really see the difference when you're using these! Parang mas airbrushed yung overall performance! Ganda mo po, as always hehe

ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I know I am replying to a dated post but thank you for reviewing this brush set. I love the results after I see you using it afterwards.

ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)