I'M BACK!+A SUNDAY SUMMARY+LBC RANT

Hi guys! Finally, I'm back to my normal academic life and blogging. Honestly, doing theatre will sometimes take away your social life because you do nothing but rehearse, study, eat, and rest. There's hardly time for bumming around because every single day matters. Apart from that, you go to school during the day, and rehearsals run every night so you really can't spend the night doing stuff for tomorrow, especially assignments. Sometimes, I take my studies for granted because of rehearsals.


Although I still do my academic tasks, I am aware that all were mediocre, because I know I can still do best. But right now, I am sooo happy because I finally have all the time in the world to rest, relax and catch up with my studies because my play is finally over. By the time the next production comes, I'm very prepared and refreshed by then. :)


Our play ended yesterday with a 7pm show then we had a light salu- salo as our cast party before our mentor moves on to his next play and then leaves for the States because he teaches in the Notre Dame university.


Today, I woke up around lunch time because I went home at around 5am. After having lunch, I finally had the chance to get a foot spa and pedicure. My feet felt so refreshed and clean after 2 mos. of not getting a pedicure nor cutting my nails! (It's needed for the play) :D I went to the Henri Calayag salon in Greenbelt Residences to get my foot pampering session. I love the nice ambiance of the salon and the best part is, they offer free wifi. I also bought the Henri Calayag's brush set as one my hauls for this week (I'll review this in the next few posts).


I just have a mild rant about LBC. I was due to ship some items today but unfortunately, there are only a few shipping boutiques located in the glorietta area. I have to travel all the way to glorietta 3 from Greenbelt, which is quite a walk, to ship my stuff. Air21 is located in the ground floor of Rustans and LBC in the basement of Glorietta 3.


I was too tired to cross all the way to Rustans so I settled to ship via LBC. Besides, I have to travel all the way back to Greenbelt for the 6:30 P.M. mass. I shipped two packages bound for Valenzuela City and Las Pinas City. And guess what? my bill is at a whopping 275php. I was so shocked with the price because I thought it would only cost around 70php, like air21 since I'm shipping to NCR destinations only. I asked the clerk guy "BAKIT ANG MAHAL?" Clerk guy replied "YUN NA PO ANG STANDARD RATE EH. ITO PO YUNG BREAK DOWN NG RATES." He then handed me my receipts. I saw that I had to pay for the package insurance, vat, loading fee and tons of fees so the valenzuela package costed 145php and the Las Pinas package costed 130php. I only asked for 70php shipping fee from my two buyers so I had to add around 70php for ea. package. I wouldn't mind paying for a 10php extra charge but 140php is waaay too much.


I thought LBC lowered their prices because 3 years ago, I shipped an item from Makati to Pasay and was so shocked to know that the delivery costed me 120php. After having experienced paying an exorbitant amount, I vowed to avoid shipping via LBC as much as possible. But I had no choice today but to ship via LBC. And my golly, they haven't changed.


Oh well, lesson learned. If you want to spend, you really have to exert extra effort in looking for the cheapest choice. I went up the first fl. of Glorietta 3 and stared at the mall entrance and saw the rear entrance of Rustans, where an air21 branch is located. I could've saved 140php if I crossed the street. That can still afford me a grande Iced White Chocolate Mocha w/ non- fat milk from Starbucks!


Btw, my mom, big bro and I ate in La Maison in Greenbelt 5 after hearing mass. It is a fine dining restaurant at the second fl. of gb5. We sat near the window and was glad because we're having a good view of the greenbelt area. We're very famished so we ordered quite a lot.


After having dinner in greenbelt, we went to ACT 632 (also in gb5) to check the store out. I was so curious about the Messy Bessy home line and got curious with the Messy Bessy Insect Repellant (which will be reviewed in the next few posts). Next, we headed to The Fort High Street because I was going to buy MUFE eyeshadows in #92 and #168. Unluckily, both colors are out of stock but I was glad because the kind and cheerful SA who attended to my aid is so kind to reserve to me the colors I wanted, which will arrive at around the 3rd week of august.


Btw, they have this limited edition set called THE BEST OF MAKE- UP FOREVER which includes travel sized samples of their HD Primer, Sens'eyes eye make- up remover and regular sizes of the HD Finishing Powder, Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Black and Smoky Lash Mascara in Black. The set costs 3500php and you'll get a 500php discount (forgot the conditions). You have to check it out because I was on the verge of buying the set because I'll be able to try MUFE's best- sellers and they all look so cute in the package! My mom was on the verge of buying the mini mufe make- up train case at 3500php which includes an HD Primer, mini HD Finishing Powder and another freebie which I forgot if you buy the train case. I just told myself, I have to save my money for the eyeshadows and good thing, my mom was able to control herself from buying the train case as well.


After that, we had coffee in Seattle's Best and went home, only to find out that my favorite guinea pig, Vincent, died. :'(. Rest in peace my sweet piggy.



So there goes my day. How was your Sunday? What were your hauls, adventures and trips? :)


Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. ganun na talaga rate ng LBC sis. eversince! haha. although pag provincial nila, sure na the day after ang delivery, unlike air21 may disclaimer na 1 to days delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep..i agree...
    i shipped a package once & it cost me 300..
    what the heck!

    i hate LBC...
    -_-"

    ReplyDelete
  3. lbc really charges an exorbitant fee kaya i avoid them as much as possible. better use 2go, air21, or jrs express.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grabe sila magcharge! kakaiinis..
    yung standard shipping nga from cebu to manila, around 110-120 lang.. yung LBC they charged me php 150!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lel: yun nga! sobrang mahal. pero sa rates board nila 70php lang ang shipping ang nagpamahal ay yung kung anu- anong fees! bwiset..

    thiamere: talaga? grabe no! nalugi pa ako ng 140php.. haay..

    purplesilke: yun nga... sana naglakad na lang ako. i wonder how lbc survives? kamahal ng rates nila...

    khymm: kainis no? ako nga manila area lang 145php and 130php. sobrang mahal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bf is into online selling of computer accessories, most of his clients prefer LBC than Air21 since provincial delivery of AIR21 sucks and marami silang out of coverage area.

    his clients are willing to pay higher than normal since medyo sensitive his items, usually box ang gamit nya padala, which is 230 pesos automatic. wala pa naman nagrereklamo na customer haha. pag ayaw nila ng mahal, tyaga sila sa air21.

    both naman kase accessible for us. martha, next time have it pick up na lang sa house nyo (air21), just make sure meron ka someone mapapagbilinan if ever you wont be staying at the house maghapon since walang oras ang pick up nila

    lol, napahaba comment ko!

    ReplyDelete
  7. waah ginawa kong cellphone, out of delivery area pala hindi coverage hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. lelila: yun nga lang, walang naiiwan sa bahay kay i can't do pick- ups and i'm having a hard time switching to xend.

    yun nga lang din ang maganda, pag sinabing next day delivery, next day talaga. at ang air21, dyuskopo. hari ng delay. pero namamahalan talaga ako sa lbc. i'd prefer to stick to the latter. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)