COMPARING COSMO AND TEA ROSE

I've read in a blog before that MAC's Cosmo is almost the same as NYX's Tea Rose.

Khymm, of shopcoholic.blogspot.com wondered if the two are alike so I made this post for her.


L- R: MAC AND NYX

SWATCHES (L-R): NYX AND MAC

It is a resounding NO. They are definitely NOT alike. There is a VERY huge color discrepancy between the two. Both are pink, but Tea Rose is more on the pink side with more pink undertones while Cosmo is a rose- pink beige lipstick with a very slight violet undertone (I just noticed it when I saw it under natural lighting, as in sunlight) But nevertheless, Cosmo pays off as a lovely pink- beige on artificial lighting.

**Hope this helps! :)

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. i was so intrigued with nyx lippies before, but when i had it & i did the rumored 'lead test' i was flabbergasted when the nyx lippies & all the nyx items that i got turned black.
    :-O
    i immediately dispose of my lippies & jumbo pencils.i only have the pigments now

    after that, i promised myself to not use any nyx products..
    they are cheap, but i don't want my lips turning dark..i know one blogger whose lips turned darker (like she has been smoking!) just because of nyx lippies
    ewww...

    how about you,girl?
    have you noticed nything like that in your nyx?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like both shades <3 i just wish that lipsticks from nyx will last longer on my lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a resounding NO. They are definitely alike.


    sis, typo error maybe, you missed to type NOT in between definitely and alike...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks martha! NYX tea rose is more pink pala compared to cosmo na parang brownish nude pink right?! =)
    ang ganda ng cosmo! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. thiamere: I did the same thing with my MAC lipstick a few years ago and it turned black as well. i haven't tried it with my nyx but I will.

    I think there'll always be lead in cosmetics, sad to say. :p

    Lelila: oh gosh,dala ng kabangagan yan. thanks for the correction. i'll change it. 2 hours ng tulog lang sis eh! hehe. :)

    cha: well that's my problem with nyx. they don't last long talaga. :( tapos may pagka- chalky pa nga ang matte colors so it would sometimes form nasty lines sa inner lip area. :/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)