PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: DEMETER FRAGRANCE LIBRARY COLOGNE SPRAYS (LAUNDROMAT AND LAVENDER MARTINI)

Here's an initial review on my DEMETER FRAGRANCE LIBRARY COLOGNE SPRAYS.


PRICE: $12.50 (APPROX. 586+PHP)

PLACE BOUGHT: DUTY FREE, PARANAQUE CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE


THE VERDICT FOR LAUNDROMAT:


It is funny and amusing at the same time that a whiff of this scent truly reminds me of freshly pressed clothes from the Laundry shop. It smells like clean soap with a lingering fragrance of fabric conditioner. If you think that it might not be a good idea to sport this smell as your perfume, Demeter Fragrances has totally made this classic smell wearable.


Right after spraying, it literally smells like a Laundry shop, which I find funny and amusing because they were able to TOTALLY capture the scent. But after a few minutes, it fades off to a clean fragrance, much like Philosophy's Amazing Grace. But it's very far from smelling like Amazing Grace. But the bottom line is, itgives off a clean and heavenly scent.


According to the SA, Laundromat is one of the famous scents from the Demeter line.


THE VERDICT FOR LAVENDER MARTINI:


It literally smells like Lavender with a hint of tonic. The scent stayed true to the name, which is again, funny and amusing at the same time.


Lavender Martini may smell too acidic and strong to some right after spraying but it fades off to a nice smelling lavender scent with shots of the martini scent. This scent reminds me of those cocktail drinks- inspired fragrances but the Lavender added that soothing and calming factor to this fragrance. If I were to describe this scent, it smells flirty fun.


OVERALL VERDICT FOR DEMETER FRAGRANCES:


If there's one con about this product, it's the staying power. Since it's cologne, it fades after an hour, which I really hate because I had to spray every now and then. I never bought a back up so I'm afraid I might empty my Laundromat before I even get to visit Duty Free again. But nevertheless, I am lovin' the scent of Laundromat. Lastly, I'm so glad that I was able to get this at a cheap price. I'm sure if this is sold in Rustan's it'll cost around 900php.


There tons of scents btw, but here are my favorites and what I would recommend you to try:


HOLY WATER

LAUNDROMAT

PURE SOAP

LAVENDER MARTINI

RAIN

DIRT (GREAT FOR MEN! THIS IS THE FUNNIEST SCENT I'VE EVER SMELLED. IT SMELLS LIKE DIRT YET IT FADES OFF TO A WOODY SMELL)

SEX ON THE BEACH

BULGARIAN ROSE

SWEET ORANGE

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. I remember Rustan's Essenses carried these fragrances. I loved smelling the unique scents and testing them. Dirt really isn't for me! Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nina: well, my brother was interested with dirt and asked me to buy him one when i go back. he can't stop laughing when i described him how dirt literally smelled like dirt.

    i wanna try holy water and i'll definitely get a back up for laundromat!

    how much were the demeter fragrances in rustan's? are they still carrying it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember when GAP had realistic smells back in the late 1990s - Dirt and Grass were my two favorites, so I completely understand your liking Dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. katie: and yeah, grass literally smells like grass, and it fades off to a nice smell, which I can;t remember anymore. :p

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)