PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE (75 DRAGON)

Here's an initial review on CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE (75 DRAGON)

PRICE: 1495PHP (PRICED LOCALLY AT 1895PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: http://makeupkit.multiply.com
OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS STORES

SITE DESCRIPTION: Rouge Allure Laque is the ideal weapon of ultimate seduction that gives the lips an even more dressed-up style. This little jewel in black lacquered glass conceals an artist's brush applicator, the secret weapon of precision for perfectly defined lips. Rouge Allure Laque offers a new, elegant beauty gesture. It combines the easy application of a gloss with the makeup finish of a lipstick. A brilliantly stylised signature for the lips. Its light, creamy texture, filled with soft focus coated pigments, coats lips in intense colour and lacquered shine. A botanical jelling agent provides perfect hold, while Jojoba oil extract ensures extreme comfort.

THE VERDICT:

I fell in love with the swatch of this lipstick in temptalia's site. It is indeed a lovely color so I decided to get this in lieu of Nars Jungle Red or Manhunt.

I'm so glad that I got this at 395php cheaper than it's price. Without further adieu, I will now review this baby. :)

The glass bottle is a blessing and a curse at the same time. The sleek black lacquered glass is so exquisite and classy in my taste. The glass is lightweight so it won't add too much weight in your bag. But, be careful because it will definitely break once you drop the bottle.

The foam applicator is not furry, as compared with other lipgloss brands with brush applicators so you maximize the color and amount of the gloss on the applicator. Also, the foam applicator is precisely engineered to cover the lips with color in one swipe.

It's quite a small bottle and is really expensive for its size.

Here's the swatch of Dragon. I'm sorry for the picture, it doesn't appear too nice here. I'll post an FOTD wearing Dragon.

Dragon is a brick red shade. It is a lovely red that brightens up any face. However, some might find it dark (like my hubby). But I assure you, this is such a gorgeous color.

Consistency is like a dream. It is so rich and smooth. You'll be happy while applying this and while wearing this. That's how I'll describe the quality of the lipstick! :p

I don't like lipglosses so I took a risk on this one. I just like the color so much so I told myself that I'll try to stand the lipgloss quality and form.

But this baby dries to a satin lipstick finish. So technically, it's still lipstick! I've read somewhere that this bleeds on the lips during prolonged wear. In my case, I didn't experience it. It stayed put while I sipped on my milkshake. This is almost semi- permanent! If you use your lips and mouth often (e.g. eating), a good amount can be wiped out but you can still see hints of the lipstick left on your lips. This just goes to show that this has good staying power. Here's the tip, allow the lipgloss to dry and settle on your lips before eating, drinking or smoking.

Would I purchase this again? Probably yes. But it's too expensive, that's my number one qualm. So probably I'll have second thoughts. But since this baby has excellent pigmentation, I only need a little of it, so I'm sure that this will last me long!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. whoa! how did you get that at 395php? thats such a steal! i want too :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dubhie: you might have misread it sis. i got it for 1495php. it's cheaper by 395php as compared to the price of rustans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh sorry! totally misread that. that would be like for FREE haha well atleast its cheaper :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)