PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NARS SINGLE MATTE EYESHADOW IN SOPHIA

Here’s an initial review on NARS SINGLE MATTE EYESHADOW IN SOPHIA

PRICE: 1150PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: ESSENSES, RUSTANS MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS, ALABANG TOWN CENTER; RUSTANS SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS; RUSTANS, ROBINSON’S PLACE, ERMITA, MANILA

THE VERDICT:

I’ve always been a loyalist to MAC eyeshadows. But since I’m a Gemini, maybe it has some sort of influence on why I would always want to venture into discovering other brands though I find MAC’s eyeshadows pretty much an HG material. It’s also the cheapest eyeshadow amongst the high- end brands in Rustans.

I paid the Nars counter a visit and the friendly SA, Roby, gleefully approached me. He’s such a darling, as always. He’s the Nars version of Dennis, me and mom’s fave Bobbi Brown SA.

Anyhoo, I was eyeing MAC’s Espresso but since I’ve been lemming for Nars eyeshadows for quite sometime now, I gave in to Roby’s good sales talking. 

I got Sophia, in lieu of Espresso. It’s quite pricey, I know. But who can resist the uber cute packaging? It’s like I’m seeing a mini version of my Nars blush right in the palm of my hand! 

As compared to MAC’s eyeshadows, the pans of the Nars eyeshadows are relatively bigger and wider so you get a run for your money. 

Let’s now go to the product. Sophia is described in narscosmetics. com as a Cool Brown shade.

The matte variant has a silky feel. Though it has a drier texture as compared to MAC’s creamy- textured eyeshadows. BUT--- it’s not chalky, which I like. It glides on smoothly and it does pack on some amazing color pay- off when applied on your lids. 


Here’s the swatch on my hand. It’s indeed, a cool brown color. But for me, (I don’t kow if it’s just me) it has a slight orange undertone. Definitely a good basic color in my make- up stash. However, it might appear as a simple, flat brown color that’s absolutely dupe- able by any brand in this hand swatch but for some weird reason, the color changes when it is finally applied on the lids. 

Here’s Sophia when applied lightly. See how gorgeous this color is on the lids? You’re now seeing the true color of the eyeshadow. J 

And here it is when applied heavily. It did pack on some color without looking almost charcoal- ish (which is my problem with some brown eyeshadows, wherein they turn to almost black- gray if you build the color). It’s still a true brown color.

 You can manipulate the intensity of the color by applying it lightly or heavily. It’s perfect for a smoky brown eye make- up look.

 Also, I love that it goes well with my green (Humid) eyeshadow, cream highlighter (Ricepaper), black eyeshadow (Black Tied) and yellow eyeshadow (Chrome Yellow). This color is indeed versatile!It may appear a bit like my MAC Glamour Check!, but it certainly isn’t. Glamour Check has a red undertone with frosting and shimmer while this one is a taupe choco- brown e/s with a slight orange undertone. Sophia is more of a polished wood shade and Glamour Check is more of a leather shade (I hope you get what I mean :p).

Will I buy a Nars eyeshadow again? Probably yes. I really love the colors! I might get another one in the next few days but as far as I’m concerned, I still have to enjoy my Sophia.

Post a Comment

0 Comments