PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: CINEMA SECRETS ULTIMATE FOUNDATION CONCEALER IN 2001-21

Here’s an initial review on CINEMA SECRECTS ULTIMATE FOUNDATION CONCEALER IN 2001-21

 

PRICE: AROUND 1200PHP+ (FORGOT THE PRICE, SORRY)

PLACE BOUGHT: LANDMARK, MAKATI

OTHER LOCATIONS: SELECTED PCX BEAUTY STORES IN MALLS NATIONWIDE  

THE VERDICT:

So I once thought that Cinema Secrets as the best concealer there is. It’s so lightweight and it eradicates my dark circles completely. The only con is, it cakes in the humid weather but with a good setting powder, it does hold up all day.

Well, here I am again, with good ol’ CS concealer. Now repacked and reformulated!  

Now CS concealer is now called Ultimate Foundation. I think (if I’m not mistaken) that they have face foundations called Ultimate Foundation. Maybe this is now the concealer version. 

Anyhoo, I’ve always thought that HD or professional make- up have the cheapest packaging ever. They’re not appealing at all. If the old CS packaging looks cheap, then the new one looks cheaper. At least the old packaging appeals to me in a way that it is a PRO make- up. But, as the saying goes, we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover and these pro or HD make- ups are the best examples. 

So let’s go now to the actual product. If I thought that the old CS concealer version is lightweight, then this is MORE lightweight. It just glides on like silk and blends in a snap. Now I find that concealer trait pretty amusing. No need to tug your under eye skin or devote a good amount of time blending.  

Swatch on my hand

My eyes without concealer. QUE HORROR!

And here’s the coverage. Pretty much the same, but I find the old version much better. Since this is more lightweight than the former, it’s sad to know that the coverage has been affected, but not too much. Just a bit. It’s either that or my dark circles are already very SERIOUS. And, just like the old one, staying power is not good on humid conditions. But when set with a good powder, it’s pretty much okay.

Will I buy this again? Prolly not. Apart from the fact that I’ve enough concealers to last me a lifetime, it’s just sad to know that it’s not the same CS concealer that I used to know. Maybe this is the sign that MAC’s Studio Finish Concealer will definitely become my HG.  

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Omg. I just ordered Cinema Secrets Concealer foundation from the States (Came out 28USD for 0.5 oz) since I've heard good reviews about it and all my friends said this is the best concealer there is. Frankly this is the first bad review Ive read and I want to cancel my order but I can't. Hope it works for me though. The shade I ordered is 302-65A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, they did change the formula :(, however I've strayed with so many concealer and keep coming back to CS.

    Will try Bobbi Brown Corrector in the next few months, something tells me it's gonna be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)