PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SMITH'S ROSEBUD SALVE

Here's an initial review on SMITH'S ROSEBUD SALVE

PRICE: 150PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE

THE VERDICT:

Okay, so this is the well- loved salve of beauty addicts and afficionados. It is a very effective balm for moisturizing hands, healing chapped lips and just basically an over- all reliever for rashes and minor skin itches and burns.

The moment I got this, I knew that I will fall in love with this product. I'm so happy that I got this at a very cheap price of 150php, considering that the previous owner just scraped the top a bit.

I have a small crack on my lips, which can be due to windburn or it's just one of those days where my lips are shedding.

I applied this on my lips last night and when I woke up, the nasty crack was almost healing! YAY! This truly is a wonderful product. It amused me because even the drugstore petrolatum hasn't done this quick healing to my cracked and chapped lips!

I've also used this to soothe my "paltos" (minor shoe- inflicted bruises) which I got from using and getting used to my new dancing shoes. And after an hour, the "paltos" was gone!

When I opened the can, a lovely rose scent emanated from the petrolatum- based product. The petroleum consistency here is quite soft and almost liquid- ish, which unusual when compared to drugstore petrolatum. Maybe that's the reason why the label says that it's a special petroleum base.

Will I buy this again? Of course! If I run out of Rosebud Salve, I will definitely repurchase. Actually, I'm planning to get a back- up. But this product will last me because a little goes a long way, and I'm afraid that my back- up's quality might deteriorate if I store it for a long time.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. This is favorite lipbalm for nighttime use, alternate this with Smith's minted rose lipbalm.. =)For daytime I use Carmex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great deal ah for P150 lang :) I want to try this lipbalm din, although I wish it was in a tube. I'm looking forward to your perfume store, heehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love all purpose skin soothers? I remember when I was in HK and the air was really dry, it was the first time that my hands were so dry that it cracked on my knuckles area and nagkasugat sugat =| I apply regular lotion but it just won't work.

    What I did was I applied Kiehl's lipbalm no.1 and it worked! I remember we were in HK disneyland, it's located in a mountain area so there's fog all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kim: i never use lipbalm talaga. i don't like the glossy stuff and feel. pero this made me wear lipbalm! i even use it during night time! :) and the next day, my lips feel like cushion. grabe, love it. :)

    ida: yup! part of a loot pa! hehe :) ida, i think there is a tube version nito. :) yes! thank you! hope to transact with you. :)

    chelle: yup! grabe. used it on my callouses. talagang gumaling! hehe :)

    i prefer this nga more than my kiehl's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to know this is a good product. andaming good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. crystal: the beauty junkee approved! you should try it. AS IN. happy new year crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. help! i want to buy rosebud salve so bad but i don't know where to buy it. can anybody pls help me where to find one? what store n what branch of mall?tnx! (i lived in valenzuela area)

    ReplyDelete
  8. help! fr what store and mall branch can i buy rosebud salve?tnx a lot!(i lived in valenzuela)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's not available locally tho. i got mine from singapore and the us.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)