BB CREAM DOMINATION: A PRIMER ON BLEMISH BALM CREAMS


This post might be too late in the game, but I love posting entries where my readers will gain knowledge and insight about make- up products and trends.

I would like to assume that I am not the only being in this world who is still figuring out what a BB cream actually is, despite the fact that it has been around in the cosmetic industry for quite some time now.

I have two BB cream brands in my stash. And until now, I still haven't touched 'em because I am not the type who'll use something because everybody's using it.

But since I don't want these BB creams to rot in my stash, I embarked on a research on why BB creams are one of the biggest things since Tinted Moisturizers.

WHAT THE HECK IS A BB CREAM?
- A BB cream stands for BLEMISH BALM CREAMS. They were originally founded in Korea by some dermatologists as a topical cream for the treatment of post- surgical wounds, scars, and abrasions. In essence, it is not a cosmetic. It is for medication.

WHAT'S IN A BB CREAM?
- BB creams are infused with rich soothing and healing properties. Since it's originally made for the face, the dermatologists have given the creams colors so the wearer can still conceal the nasty facial marks and scars in the duration where they can't wear cosmetics temporarily.

SO WHY ARE PEOPLE USING IT ON A DAILY BASIS IF IT AIN'T MAKE- UP?
- Koreans have discovered that BB creams are completely harmless even if it's a medicated cream. In fact, it is a great alternative to foundations and tinted moisturizers. It's a cross between skin care and make- up.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING BB CREAMS?
- BB creams have wrinkle- healing, anti- aging, and moisturizing properties. BB creams have SPF as well. So if you want to use make- up, skin care, and sunblock in one product, it is best to use BB creams. It comes handy too if you can't devote time to doing your make- up.

SOME PEOPLE TAG BB CREAMS AS "MIRACLE CREAMS". CAN THIS BE THE ANSWER TO SOME OF MY SKIN DILEMMAS AND ALLERGIES?
- Self- medication is not recommended. BB creams can only do so much for your skin, especially now because BB creams are commercialized. Commercial BB creams in the market may not be as good and effective as the ones specifically created and sold by dermatologists in Korea. So if you have sensitive skin, do a patch test first before using BB creams. And if you have skin problems, do not rely solely on BB creams for them to heal. And don't get frustrated as well because skin renewal doesn't happen overnight. If you religiously use BB creams, it might show impressive results.

ARE THERE FAKE BB CREAMS IN THE MARKET?
- YES! So better buy BB creams from authorized retailers and distributors.

So these are some of the faqs that you have to know about BB creams. My problem with BB creams is the shade. Most of the shades are not apt for darker Asian skin tones.

Around a year or two ago, Western brands have joined in the BB cream bandwagon to keep up with the latest make- up trends.

Maybelline's is currently the cheapest BB cream I know so far.

Recently, BB BB (Bobbi Brown's BB Cream) is launched. Since it's a luxurious brand, it's a tad expensive than the Korean brands. But when it comes to shades, this brand may have more to offer.


And Face Shop has recently launched their BB cream line for men with Kim Hyun Joong as their ambassador. Men can now wear make- up without the look and feel of it. Honestly, I don't know what men think about this. Probably Metrosexuals will find this handy and trendy. Whatcha guys think?

So I'm kinda' sold on using my BB creams. I'll try my Missha Perfect Cover and Purederm Magic BB Cream and let you guys know how my skin fares with it.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. thanks for this post =) its very helpful and informative...and yes you are not alone in figuring out what BB cream is...

    i am always reading your blog entries and indeed i learned a lot and i think i become wiser in choosing beauty products...thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous: awww... that's great to hear! Thank you for reading and for supporting my blog. :) I am glad I've helped you become wiser in something. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using BB creams for more than a year already and I must say I LOVE IT! It really feels light and gentle on the skin, I no longer use foundation just BB cream then loose powder and I'm all set. I am a huge fan of Hydro Splash BB cream and Face It: AquaTint BB cream since both are water based - (both from The Face Shop).

    ♥hugs and be safe♥
    chinadoll

    ReplyDelete
  4. chinadoll: thanks for sharing! Hmmm... I might touch my bbies one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)