KOH GEN DO CLEANSING SPA WATER REVIEW: NATURE'S GOODNESS IN A BOTTLE

Here’s an initial review on Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water

PRICE: P1600.00
PLACE BOUGHT: FREE
OTHER LOCATIONS: Beauty Bar Powerplant Mall; Beauty Bar, Trinoma; Beauty Bar Greenbelt 5



THE VERDICT:

If you’ve been meaning to try something different and oil- free when it comes to makeup removal, try cleansing waters. I’m using Koh Gen Do’s as of the moment.

This big fat baby is lovingly crafted using the finest and most natural ingredients from Japan. I know you will all agree that Japanese people have envious dewy, smooth, and soft- looking skin. What’s the reason behind their lovely skin? Hmmm… must be their products.


I have noticed that in all Japanese makeups I’ve owned, almost all of them are skin care- based. Though they have been globally known for their Maifanshi makeup products, Koh Gen Do, as a line, originally started with Skin Care products.

According to their chief makeup artist, the Cleansing Water is one of the best sellers. Why? Because KGD claims that it is the kind of cleansing water that does not needs rinsing, as it does what most makeup removers and facial washes can’t do. It has various plant extracts that thoroughly cleanse, visibly rejuvenate, and continually nurture skin. It is also made with pure water sourced from the Izumi Hot Springs in Japan.

Fret not when you’ve read that this product is “Mildly Acidic”. In my first usage, I did not experience any sting at all. And in my 2 months of usage, I did not experience any adverse reaction to the product, nor have I noticed that my skin became lighter or thinner. So I don’t even know why they put that. Haha. Also, after two months of usage, I’ve noticed that the rough areas on my facial skin (forehead, jaw areas, and corners of the nose) became smooth. I also like using this especially on warm nights because it has a cooling effect on the skin.


Indeed, it does remove waterproof eyeliner, crease- proof eyeshadows, longwearing concealer and foundation, and waterproof lip and cheek tints. However, there’s one product that did not yield to its makeup- removing prowess—Majolica Majorca’s Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On (Surprise, surprise! It’s a Japanese brand! This goes to show that Japanese products really have good quality).

I also like leaving this on my skin for a few minutes (as instructed by the product) before rinsing my face with my favorite facial foams. I did not dare sleep without rinsing my face. Force of habit, I guess.

It’s good to be used by women of all skin types because Koh Gen Do does not use synthetic ingredients in their products.

If you’re gonna ask me, indeed, it is expensive. But the bottle is very huge, and it’ll last you for a good 4- 5 months, depending on usage. Quite a good investment, especially to those who have the budget for it, and to skin savvies out there who are willing to try a wide range of skin care products. I may buy this again because I like the overall feel I get from the product, not to mention the way it smoothened my facial canvass. That is--unless I find some other makeup remover brand that interests me, or something that will replace good ol’ Pond’s Cold Cream as my HG makeup remover.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Hello martha! this one made me curious...water? pero mahal lng sya..thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. leilani: hi dear! happy new year. onga eh. I would have to agree with what you said. Oh well, after this free bottle, I'd have to purchase na. Sayang ganda pa naman, kaso yeah, it's expensive. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a Facebook contest currently running for a free Glossybox including a full-size Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water

    https://www.facebook.com/events/197544077036763/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)