Katy Perry Purr EDP


Here's a review on Katy Perry Purr EDP

PRICE: Around P2,000.00++
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all SM Malls nationwide

DESCRIPTION: (from Fragrantica.com)

The composition of Katy Perry Purr is developed by Firmenich perfumer house, combining top notes of peach, forbidden apple, gardenia and green bamboo with the heart of jasmine, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose and the base of vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk.

THE VERDICT:

I rarely like sweet scents, but I'm kind of fond of Purr. No, wait, I've actually learned to love it. I have to admit that during my first week of usage, I always felt like reaching for coffee beans because it 's really strong--almost cloying if used in excessive amounts. But I've found out that it becomes very wearable if used and treated as a Parfum Concentrate.

Purr is Katy Perry's debut fragrance. It was launched in the US in 2010, and has just reached our shores last year.

It opens up to a strong Peach scent, then Bamboo and apple starts coming in, making the top notes smell even stronger. Honestly, the top notes make me feel a bit light- headed, but thank God it goes away quickly. The heart notes give it a warm floral appeal with the help of Jasmine and Bulgarian Rose. Unfortunately, the heart notes dissipate ever so quickly. Finally, the fragrance settles down to a warm and sensual scent as the base notes finally envelops the fruity and floral notes in a creamy accord of coconut, musk, and amber.


People from the tropics would usually prefer light, citrus-y, aquatic, and green scents, and Purr can be a bit overwhelming for us because it's a warm floral fragrance. It's best for night time use, as it can be a bit too much for daytime wear, especially in hot and humid countries such as ours.



Look at that gorgeous bottle. I love cats to death, and that's the reason why this bottle is a keeper for me. But caution though, as this fragrance is not for everyone.

I've mentioned at the first part of this post that it's best used as a Parfum Concentrate, meaning it's recommended to use Purr in small amounts. I spray some at the back of my ears and that's it! It unveils its beauty if used sparingly. Its sillage is pretty high, but surprisingly, it lasts long, at least on me. I love it because it gives me a break from my usual floral-oriental fragrances. Purr smells sexy, fun, and young. It lets me get in touch with my sweet, teeny bopper side. (If that makes any sense at all. Haha!) The Katy Perry song that best describes it is "California Girls." :)

Purr would also be great for girls who like sweet and cotton candy- like scents. Actually, teenagers will really love this scent. This will work on women too. Just wear it with a classic black dress, pumps, some elegant jewelry, and the likes. Just don't spritz on the fragrance if you're wearing something skimpy, or else you'll be getting a lot of nasty glances, if you know what I mean. :D

Will I buy it again? Probably not because I still have a lot of fragrances to use. But I'd love to check out Meow by Katy Perry. :)

**Purr comes in 30ml, 50ml, and 100ml sizes.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. nice :) purple cat! lovely.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the honest review. I'm such a fragrance junkie!!!i started doing reviews on my babies. thanks for the inspiration ms martha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine DacanayMay 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM

    what a cute cat :P you're right. this works for teenagers (especially with the cute cat packaging) :) =))

    btw, which "celebrity" perfumes do you like? i actually have all of britney's perfumes! imo, she makes really good scents. next on the list is gwen's harajuku lovers. Love, G and Baby. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nacurious tuloy ako sa perfume na to. It sounds mysterious tuloy to me. Hehe Pero what caught my attention is, its cutie purple bottle. Aw, sana pagnakapag abroad ulit si tatay, papabili ako sa kanya ng mga nareview mo ng perfume Ms.Martha! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. would you recommend it for us people with malfunctioning sweat glands? i mean, im sweating really hard and i only used colognes with baby scents.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)