Review: New Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink


Here's a review on Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink

PRICE: P1,450.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Bobbi Brown counters in: Rustan's Makati; Rustan's Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City


THE VERDICT:

Cult favorite Pot Rouge now comes in an even better design: It's smaller, tote-able, easier to use, and has an embedded mirror to boot!


Compact has a snap top closure. I like this better because I have a tendency to lose covers of products in screw top jars and compacts.



Here's a comparison pic showcasing the old and the newly- improved Pot Rouge packaging. A lot of people have complaints about the new design because slim compact means slim product. I'd have to agree that the amount of product in the new compact is lesser than the older one. But I don't find that a problem. Why? The Pot Rouge is soooo pigmented, I doubt you'll be able to finish it up in a year. Look at my Calypso Coral Pot Rouge in the old packaging. It has been with me for two years, and I haven't even created a significant dip on that one. A few more months to go, and I'd have to say goodbye to this one because it has been with me for a long time already. And I hate that because I don't like seeing good products go to waste.


At least the newer Pot Rouge is easier to use up. Well, not really because the original Pot Rouge formulation is retained--it's still pigmented and long staying.


Powder Pink is a warm beige pink that goes on almost nude, but with a tinge of pink on medium, tan, and dark- skinned ladies. Methinks this will come off a little pinker than this swatch on fairer skin tones.


Here's Powder Pink on me. I'd have to apply three thin layers to make it show up.

CREAM BLUSH APPLICATION TECHNIQUE: Dabbing is the best way to apply cream blushes. Swiping it back and forth on your cheeks will just erase the color, especially if you're using light- colored cream blushes. I use my fingers to dab some of the product on my cheeks, and I swirl a stippling brush with setting powder on it to seal the Pot Rouge. You may also use sponge applicators on cream blushes. One of these days, I'll show you on Youtube how I apply cream blushes.


Bobbi's Pot Rouge is emollient and good enough as a substitute for lipsticks.


Here's Powder Pink on me. It just gives me a very natural flush. Perfect for days when I don't want to look too made up. It's great to use on smoky brown and smoky gray eye makeup looks too.

I'd love to try other colors but like what I've said, I doubt if I can finish up these two in one or two years. But if you want a good cream blush that stays put even on oily- skinned gals, I recommend Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. You have the prettiest complexion ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang cute ng bagong pot/compact type na pala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine DacanayMay 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

    The packaging is better! Ooh I have a dupe for this one! :-) Slightly darker and corally, though. In addition to that, it only costs me a hundred bucks. Mehehe :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always had the nicest products that compliment with your skintone. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten me some of that pot rouge action (Pale Pink for me), and I noticed that the testers in the department store were still the old jar packaging. What I didn't notice, however, was how the plastic jars contained more product. :o

    Buut, as you said, Bobbi Brown products take forever to get a dent in. I can attest to that, with my shadow and powder blush. They still look very new even after months of use. The only clue as to their "age" are the scratches on the shiny lid from where they got banged up with the other makeup in my kikay kit.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)